Shaw, Why the Change?

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

What has Shaw done, when using the Remote for Info, this past week of June 2019??

Info, More Episodes, Other Times etc, it all sucks now...

See photo for example!

It Never used to look this way or need these EXTRA Steps to Scroll to wherever..

Even the Record Options has changed!

It's just Ridiculous Why you'd Ruin a good thing!!

I don't understand Why the Change or Why you would Ruin a good thing with the Remote Access, and Change it to something that takes way more steps to get to where I want to go, when before it was so much easier!?

Please change the system back to prior to this week!! Thanks!

Also, what's with sooo much screen FREEZING, especially when watching my PVR's?? It makes me lose alot of recorded content! Arghhh...

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: Shaw, Why the Change?

shaw-tony

Hey kaycee01p,

Thank you for reaching out. I haven't heard of any major updates to the menus on BlueSky TV. There is a known issue currently, a power reset to your equipment should fix that and bring back proper functionality. Please unplug the power to your main BlueSky TV and Portals for one minute, then plug them back in starting with the larger main unit.

As for the screen freezing it may be a signal related issue, I'd recommend trying some troubleshooting steps here on the main unit. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

Hi Tony, 

I appreciate your quick response, however...

I forgot to mention that Everything (in the Guide) is the SAME White COLOR now, making it harder to differentiate NEW Shows/Movies etc from Repeat Shows..

Things were far better when you could Quickly  See in BLUE, whether or not a Series of a Movie etc was NEW or a REPEAT!

And, not only do things Freeze Up, if my Recorded Shows that I'm playing back aren't Freezing for long durations, (missing out on watching so much of that show), then the Picture gets all DISTORTED and the Sound is GARBLED!!

I will be trying your suggestions shortly...

Thank You!

K

0 Kudos

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

Hi Tony,

I did as you suggested, 3 different times now, throughout the night and early morning hours, and  absolutely NOTHING  has changed.

I took a couple more screenshots this morning to show you, but it doesn't look like I can post them on a Reply..

Kinda really disappointed at this point!!

Hopefully Shaw will get this fixed and resolved once and for all...

K

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

kaycee01p I appreciate your time in trying some of the steps. As for the images, you can use a 3rd party hosting site to post and link them here. The freezing issue you described seems to be ongoing, I'd recommend sliding into our direct messages on Facebook or Twitter so we can investigate further.

0 Kudos

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

Tony,

I have tried your RESET instructions almost every day now and NOTHING IS HELPING!!!

I've even pushed the RESET Button and still NOTHING is helping.

I HATE the way EVERYTHING is Displaying now, especially when I click on EPISODES and it is DISPLAYING Completely DIFFERENT, Forcing me  to do all these EXTRA STEPS now, yet on anyone else's TV's, there's are all still Displaying NORMAL and easier to access anything...

Over the past almost 2 years I've had to Call in dozens and dozens of times!

I've had sooo many problems and issues with Shaw's TV and sometimes Internet service, that I'm way beyond FED UP now with Everything Shaw!!

It's at the point now where it's high time to consider ending my Services with Shaw, and FREE of CHARGE as was agreed upon and put into Shaw's Notes several service/phone calls ago and long prior to this latest issue, where I finally decided to come here, onto Shaw's Forums to seek out help, since via telephone things don't seem to get fixed..

Unfortunately, doing as was suggested did NOT Fix the problem, and if RESETTING Everything Can't Fix the problem, then I'm sure Nothing can.

I was told in December when Shaw did an Equipment Change that it would Fix ALL the problems! Well, sadly it hasn't worked!

Well, it kinda did for a month or so and then Issue after issue started happening again. I took pictures of Each message box that would pop into my TV screen just so I could show Shaw what was going on.

But I'm tired of constantly having to get up to Try This or Try That, or go grab a telephone to Call into Shaw time and time again!

I spend more time trying to Fix Issues than the Time I get to actually just Sit and Enjoy a program.

And I'm PAYING Darn Big $$$ for Service's that I'm NOT actually getting!!

Anyway, it's not your fault Tony, but I'd appreciate it Arrangements could be made to have a SHAW tech come out and disconnect everything and have my Shaw Account cancelled!

Thank You!

K  :"( 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey kaycee01p, Thank you again for your patience. I did see your other post with the images. Looks like the change in the VOD guide menu is an intended feature. I appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along.

As for the error messages you receive on BlueSky TV, it may be an issue with the signal from the wall outlet to your equipment. I'd recommend having a service technician over to investigate further if it is a constant issue.

I see you ran a speed test on your mobile device, do you receive the same results on an ethernet connection direct from the modem to your PC?

The quickest way to reach us is on Facebook or Twitter, feel free to send us a message!

0 Kudos

It always seems some sort of issue goes on week to week a...

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

It always seems some sort of issue goes on week to week and if it's not me having to reset it restart my system, I'm having to call in and have it done on Shaw's end and I'm getting really tired of all this bs!

The last several weeks, actually few months now, I can't even rewind a current live show.. When I pause the show to quickly go grab some water etc and I come back to it after a few minutes, as soon as I hit rewind the blue line disappears and it goes to what's currently  live showing and it won't even let me skip back a bit to see what I've missed! It automatically switches from the paused spot  to Live and I don't get to see what I missed bcuz it won't rewind!
The Error msg I get now is that my shaw "set top box doesn't support skip".

Like WTH, I used to always be able to rewind or skip back during tv shows when I've paused them for a few minutes!

I'm telling you, you guys are really going down  hill bcuz some sort of Failure is always happening...

Plus a month or so your system Deleted all of my Recorded shows several days in a row including children's movies that were once free and I couldn't get for free again.

I called in and the guy says shaw will give me a $15 credit for 2 of the movies that were deleted and to expect to see a Minus $15 on my next bill, but that I'd see a plus $15 on the bill after that. He tried telling me that by re-adding the $15 on the bill after, evens out the credit. Ummm, NO IT DOESN'T EVEN OUT THE CREDIT! What it does is give me is NO CREDIT PERIOD!!

If you're  giving someone a Credit, you don't Take it OFF their bill only to ADD it back ON their bill. That's NOT A CREDIT. It DOESN'T leave me paying $15 less, it Equals out to $000, meaning that I DIDN'T GET A CREDIT AT ALL because shaw RECHARGED me the $15!

Seriously, I think this sort of practice should be brought to CBC MARKETPLACE'S Attention so they can Investigate and see how many people across Canada shaw has actually LIED to and Sucked in, to making them think that by re-adding the $15 back onto their bill, justifies the credit...

Something for you to maybe pass along to your superiors bcuz seriously, that's NOT A CREDIT, IT'S  FRAUD!!

K

0 Kudos

I am very sorry to hear of the ongoing frustrations you'v...

shaw-tony

@kaycee01p I am very sorry to hear of the ongoing frustrations you've been experiencing. Were you able to schedule a service technician to make things right or swap the equipment as it may be faulty?

As for the deleted recordings, there was a known issue and our engineers have resolved this issue now. As for the credit, I took a quick look at your account and indeed only see a credit of $15~ and don't see any re-additions. It should have shown up on your November invoice. I apologize for the inconvenience or confusion caused.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help