Jump to solution

Should of never switch to Telus breifly

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

The reason is I could of kept & stayed with the grandfathered package that includes a TSN & Sportsnet channels & vision tv & KSTW (I live in Vancouver)......my place I live now when I moved in I got Shaw I had the channels mentioned then I made the mistake of breifly switching to Telus because they had some type of promotion but when I came back to Shaw I couldn't get the grandfathered package I had before when I started out with Shaw. .. .sure hardly any HD channels but that's ok......& really I don't need Bluesky......just my little rant that's all

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Loyalty works both ways. Constantly chasing promotions, f...

rickatk
Master

Loyalty works both ways. Constantly chasing promotions, free TVs or six month promotions, swapping providers in the process is a fools game. Consumers can and often just drop their plans and switch to another provider in search of something cheaper or a prize. From the providers perspective, there is no incentive to retain customers like that at grandfathered rates.

I have been with Shaw TV for decades and Internet for twenty years. I feel I get very good rates and the best of service. On the mobility side....30 years with TELUS. Again, great packages and rates. 

As long as a company provides good service and pricing I won’t be switching because I can get a free TV or some other short lived promotion. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jump to solution

I am glad you came back to us! Unfortunately, grandfather...

shaw-tony

@CoffeeLover909 I am glad you came back to us! Unfortunately, grandfathered packages are unavailable once they are removed but we will try to match the new plan as best we can.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes I just don't think it's acceptable to pay $15 each fo...

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Yes I just don't think it's acceptable to pay $15 each for Sportsnet & TSN & the fact they aren't a part of Limited TV (they are included in Small Medium & Large TV so why not Limited)...& as someone replied to another post aren't they included in Limited TV but in SD? (which would be fine with me)

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I just can't understand why a cable company can't have gr...

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

I just can't understand why a cable company can't have grandfathered plans available to us who come back to Shaw (I'm not saying I'm anyone special) but I just don't know why it would be hard to do that, really

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

this us the reply to my previous post

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper
  • this us the reply to my previous postScreenshot_2019-09-12-11-46-10.png

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Sorry should be *this is* not this us*

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Sorry should be *this is* not this us* 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Sorry for going on about but...my sister who has the gran...

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Sorry for going on about but...my sister who has the grandfathered plan is paying $90 for cable alone for 3 TVs in her house (that's $30 for each TV) & with the grandfathered package she has she's getting more channels (including TSN & Sportsnet) than me with my Limited TV ($25) ....for $5 more I'd love to get all the extra channels she gets.....I mean really it doesn't seem fair that my sister gets the grandfathered package & people like me don't .....I could of stayed with Telus after leaving Shaw but I decided to come back to Shaw ....just my rant

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Loyalty works both ways. Constantly chasing promotions, f...

rickatk
Master

Loyalty works both ways. Constantly chasing promotions, free TVs or six month promotions, swapping providers in the process is a fools game. Consumers can and often just drop their plans and switch to another provider in search of something cheaper or a prize. From the providers perspective, there is no incentive to retain customers like that at grandfathered rates.

I have been with Shaw TV for decades and Internet for twenty years. I feel I get very good rates and the best of service. On the mobility side....30 years with TELUS. Again, great packages and rates. 

As long as a company provides good service and pricing I won’t be switching because I can get a free TV or some other short lived promotion. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help