Sound interruption

CD0521
Grasshopper

I have just connected my modem and cable boxes and I am finding that the sound will cut out on all channels when using my sound bar. We tried just using the TV sound and it does not cut out. Could this be interference between the modem and the sound bar?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

-- what options does your TV have for "audio-output" ?  S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CD0521 -- what options does your TV have for "audio-output" ?  Stereo? Surround?

Does your sound-bar communicate to your TV via "WiFi" (which might possibly interfere with the modem) or via "Bluetooth" (which should not interfere with anything) or via an audio-cable (which never interferes) ?

0 Kudos

My sound bar is connected using an optical cable. I am no...

CD0521
Grasshopper

My sound bar is connected using an optical cable. I am not 100% sure how much different that is from the audio cable. 

I also noticed that the sound cutting out does not always happen on all channels. Global Calgary is the one channel we notice it on the most. 

0 Kudos

Do you have an HDMI arc port on your tv? You could connec...

rstra
Grand Master

@CD0521  Do you have an HDMI arc port on your tv? You could connect the cable box to the HDMI in on your TV and connect the sound bar to the HDMI arc port on the TV and the HDMI out port on the sound bar. See if the audio issue improves.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help