SAP on the BlueCurve TV box can be toggled on/off followi...

shaw-valerie

@ken576 SAP on the BlueCurve TV box can be toggled on/off following the steps here. If you are still seeing audio sync issues just when using your surround sound, you may also want to try changing the audio mode. 

0 Kudos

Same problem here. Ever since we put in blue curve. Luis...

vancouverbc
Grasshopper

Same problem here. Ever since we put in blue curve.  Lips don’t match voice. So annoying.  And there is no such setting to turn off sap. Go check again. 

0 Kudos

Same here, what did you do to fix the issue?

Trevor8
Grasshopper

Same here, what did you do to fix the issue?

0 Kudos

Have the same audio/visual sync issue with Blue Sky TV. O...

djjamesfalk
Grasshopper

Have the same audio/visual sync issue with Blue Sky TV.

Ours is unique from the others I've read so far.

We have 3 boxes:

1) Living Room - located immediately next to the modem

2) Master Bedroom - located thru a few walls

3) Second Bedroom- located thru as few walls

Both the bedrooms are working fine with no sync issues yet observed at all. Oddly the Blue Sky box located closest to the modem is the one out of sync. It's the audio that is running behind the video.

Of the 3 tv's, only one has a secondary audio system attached and this is the living room where the issue is present. The only other difference between the three (other than make and model of the tv's in each area) is during the initial installation process the modem was hooked up via cat5 directly to the Blue Sky box. This has since been changed to wireless and occurred before any issue was noticed.

Shaw has already sent a technician by. They tested our signal and found our signal "unsteady." The technician spent an hour installing new co-ax cable from the entry point of our home to the modem and reported the signal was "stable now." This tv now starts off in sync, but the longer the tv is left on, the further out of sync the video and audio become. 

Our next appointment is a week away and have decided to troubleshoot the issue myself.

Currently have all 3 tvs on and have disconnected the audio system. A signal was being sent from the headphone jack on the back of the tv in the living room from its' 1/8 stereo mini jack to our receiver via dual RCA. This did not help. Issue persists.

I'll revisit the issue tomorrow. I plan to exchange one of the bedroom boxes with the living room box that has the issue to see if the issue switches from one area to another. I'll advise tomorrow.

Thought I'd mention that all 3 tv's are playing the same show but not are playing in sync with the other room. Not that that's a big deal, but if the same signal is being broadcast from the modem, one would expect it to arrive at each Blue Sky box in unison...strange.

0 Kudos

Very strange. Immediately after making my previous post o...

djjamesfalk
Grasshopper

Very strange.

Immediately after making my previous post our entire signal was turned off for about 3 minutes.

Curious if Shaw is monitoring these forums and rebooted our modem without informing us they were doing so.

Kind of a big coincidence as this is the first time since our move 3 weeks ago that the internet goes off coinciding immediately after a forum post was made.

0 Kudos

our team members do not reboot any equipment without lett...

shaw-tony

@djjamesfalk our team members do not reboot any equipment without letting you know first unless it is scheduled overnight maintenance. It may have just been a blip in the signal. Certainly, let me know how your next service visit goes!

0 Kudos

Swapping BlueCure equipment between rooms is a good idea...

rstra
Grand Master

Swapping BlueCure equipment between rooms is a good idea to rule out the box as the problem. This is likely an issue with your audio equipment processing your audio and video. Try connect the Shaw box directly to the TV. 

What model of surround receiver do you have? Some have audio sync, lip sync options. 

Check this site  

https://www.lifewire.com/audio-video-synchronization-in-home-theater-1846820

0 Kudos

Changing audio from Dolby5.1 to Stereo corrected the audi...

kyle_rudolph
Grasshopper

Changing audio from Dolby5.1 to Stereo corrected the audio sync issue at my Mom’s place. I was disappointed the install tech didnt do this for her because he would have seen she only has a stereo television, not 5.1 surround system. 

0 Kudos

I have this exact same issue but only with the remote box...

grimmt0
Grasshopper

I have this exact same issue but only with the remote boxes; it occurs maybe once a month.

When it occurs, I simply restart the remote box from the Help menu and audio sync is restored - I do not need to do anything with the connected TV (i.e. I leave it powered up during the remote box restart).

The main PVR has never gone out of audio sync.
This has been occurring ever since BlueCurve was installed a couple of years ago.

0 Kudos

"I haven't heard of any other reports of the audio not sy...

MikeK1
Grasshopper

"I haven't heard of any other reports of the audio not synchronizing with the picture." is utter garbage. Most of the people with Blue Sky in Calgary experience the same problem all the time as I do. It has been a problem with Shaw for a long. Telus does not have the issue. Time to make the switch perhaps if this is not fixed very soon.

TALK TO US
We're here to help