Hi Tony, We are having the same problem with the picture...

chrismazzotti54
Grasshopper

Hi Tony, We are having the same problem with the picture and audio not syncing. Numerous times per week we are unplugging the router for 30 seconds and it's okay for a while, sometimes no more than an hour or so, sometimes a few days.

We switched from Telus in September and now are starting to regret that decision. 

We are in Parksville. 

0 Kudos

I have called several times. Each time they tried to get...

VickyLT
Grasshopper

I have called several times. Each time they tried to get me to re-pair my voice remote which was not the issue. After two months of frustration I found that if I changed the Device Settings/Video Display on the Shaw box to any resolution it would work for a few days then go back to not syncing. Finally I changed the Aspect Ratio on my LG Smart TV to match the video resolution on the Blue Curve box and it worked! Three days and still syncing. I hope I solved it. 

0 Kudos

We have exactly the same issue.  We moved house and went...

Nilyram
Grasshopper

We have exactly the same issue.  We moved house and went for Blue Curve rather than hard wire.  In our last house, no issues with hard wire input, it's only since we have had Blue Curve that the problem has started.  Live TV is generally fine, but on some days or for a few hours in the early evening, we do get some out of sync.  However, when we stream from the computer we get it ALL of the time.  I can watch TV on my computer and it IS in sync. However, when I then stream a program from the computer to the TV the voice is then ALWAYS out of sync, by about a full second.  This happens with anything streamed from my computer, my wife's computer or my iPad.  We use only two TVs, one Sony and one Samsung and it happens on both.  As this also happens occasionally with live TV then clearly it is not a computer to TV issue.  We have had a Shaw tech out three times. They check the connection to the house (OK) they check the input speed (600 mps OK) and so say they are delivering the product we are paying for and it must be our equipment.  I think it is their Blue Curve equipment which is just not up to the job. We spread wifi around the house via a Google Mesh system which is one year old so very up to date and worked fine in our last house.

When moving house we asked Shaw when were they going to deliver fibre optic to each home. They told me that where we were moving to DID have fibre optic.  This I now find is NOT TRUE.  They have some areas (including ours) where fibre optic goes to a hub, but is then delivered from the hub to each home by ordinary cable.  This week TELUS are delivering full fibre optic to EVERY home in our development.  We are seriously thinking about switching to Telus.  We were once with Telus and switched as they were hopeless and have now been with Shaw for the past 15+ years.  Telus have definitely improved and so we are waiting to see what the deal price for switching will be.  I am going to give Shaw one more chance to sort out this problem, but if not, we are definitely going to move to Telus.

Interesting to read this thread to find that we are not alone!  This IS a Shaw Blue Curve problem which they appear to be denying.  

0 Kudos

Is there a sync issue with BlueCurve boxes that are conne...

rstra
Grand Master

@Nilyram  Is there a sync issue with BlueCurve boxes that are connected to the TV, or is it just when are casting?

0 Kudos

This reply is intended for you last comment on page 7. It...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

This reply is intended for you last comment on page 7. It looks like you have 2 different issues. Streaming from PC to TV has nothing to do with BlueCurve. The sync issue is with recorded and live TV. One thing I have noticed is that I only see the issue on one TV. This is the TV that has a Bose Soundbar 500 connected. Now before we start pointing fingers at Bose, I will say this *only* happens with BlueCurve. My TV is a Sony smart TV and has many streaming services that do not have issue and I never had issue with my old gateway portal. When sync goes out, I restart the TV player and it is fine again for maybe a day (sometimes less). I have my player connected to the TV and HDMI ARC goes to the Bose Soundbar. 

0 Kudos

Sorry that last reply of mine was directed to

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

Sorry that last reply of mine was directed to @Nilyram 

0 Kudos

-- This IS a Shaw BlueCurve problem, which they appear to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Nilyram -- This IS a Shaw BlueCurve problem, which they appear to be denying.  

Are you directing the audio-output from your BlueCurve into the TV, or to some other audio channel (surround-sound receiver, or sound-bar) ?

On your TV, do you have choices for "audio output"? Have you selected anything other than "internal speakers" ?  Does using "internal speakers" eliminate the non-synchronization?

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating given the amo...

AMG3
Grasshopper

I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating given the amount of money I'm paying for such subpar cable service. If this keeps up I may cancel my service. 

0 Kudos

There are a lot of suggestions in this thread, read them.

rstra
Grand Master

@AMG3  There are a lot of suggestions in this thread, read them.

0 Kudos

Restarting the player is not a solution. It's a daily ban...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

Restarting the player is not a solution. It's a daily bandaid and a pain in the a$$. It seems this issue has been happening for a long time and a proper fix is long overdue. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help