Sound problems

carpaumil
Grasshopper

I've had my "Blue Sky" PVR for about 5 years.  It's been solid until a few days before Christmas where the sound was cutting in and out.  It has degraded since then to never having sound when I turn the system on.  As is 100% of the time.

Things I've tested without any success.

- Swapped out HDMI cable twice with a new ones.

- By-passed stereo and went to TV directly.

- Tried every audio setting in both my tv, stereo and pvr. 

The work around is one or a few of the following:

- PVR Restart - on the PVR menu

- System Refresh - on the PVR

- Pull out the plug on the PVR and force hard restart. 

I can seem to eventually get the sound back if I keep cycling through these steps.  But I'm growing tired of having to do this every single time the system is turned on. It's 20-30 min of dicking around. 

On top of the sound, I'm also getting sporadic picture issues as well.  It hasn't happened often, but all of a sudden I lose video as well.  White snow. That's another restart of the PVR.

IMO.. the PVR is the problem.  Is there any fix for this? 

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Do you have other BlueCurve boxes where this happens? Thi...

rstra
Grand Master

Do you have other BlueCurve boxes where this happens? This could also be a signal issue, time to get Shaw to take a look.

I have one other box on the second level in the bedroom....

carpaumil
Grasshopper

I have one other box on the second level in the bedroom. No issues with it at all.  

Once I get the sound working on the PVR box, it's usually pretty stable until I turn it off again. 

0 Kudos

Ya it sounds like a hardware issue. Is it the XiD or the...

rstra
Grand Master

Ya it sounds like a hardware issue. Is it the XiD or the XG1 (main box) that is experiencing the issue? Check all your coax connections and reseat them.  

It's the main box.  Cables HDMI ..everything has been swa...

carpaumil
Grasshopper

It's the main box.  Cables HDMI ..everything has been swapped out.  It's just so strange to have it happen only when turning on the tv.  It all works..until the tv is turned off and we start the same cycle again.  If it was a cable somewhere, I think it would be cutting out during other times as well.

0 Kudos

Try turning off the power saving feature under the power...

rstra
Grand Master

@carpaumil Try turning off the power saving feature under the power preferences. Kind of a long shot but I did have problems getting the box on before with power save on. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help