Subtitles on Amazon Prime

cvgtang
Grasshopper

Does anyone else have trouble with:

a) Turning off titles. Regardless of the number of times I go into the menu to turn off, they don't turn off.

b) Changing the language of the subtitles (especially in scenes where a foreign language is spoken) to English. It seems to default to German, for whatever reason.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

I have checked with Amazon - they say it is a known issue...

robmann
Grasshopper

I have checked with Amazon - they say it is a known issue and they are working on a fix. I quit Prime because I couldn't take the subtitles any longer. Be nice if Shaw put some pressure on them

0 Kudos

I noticed the subtitles as well...a little confusing watc...

rickatk
Master

I noticed the subtitles as well...a little confusing watching Jack Ryan.

I have had these problems, but may have cured them. It's...

kenohrn
Grasshopper

I have had these problems, but may have cured them.

It's clumsy and not intuitive.

As best as I remember, I needed to find two different settings locations in the Amazon Prime app. One on the main menu screen, the other on the program episode selection screen. 

For each, I selected, then de-selected, then re-selected both

.    subtitles Off

.    then English language

Hope it works for you.

The problem continues. 2 episodes of Tales From The Loop...

rickatk
Master

@cvgtang wrote:

Does anyone else have trouble with:

a) Turning off titles. Regardless of the number of times I go into the menu to turn off, they don't turn off.

b) Changing the language of the subtitles (especially in scenes where a foreign language is spoken) to English. It seems to default to German, for whatever reason.

The problem continues. 2 episodes of Tales From The Loop show German subtitles the third episode showed English subtitles.

0 Kudos

this worked, thanks.   I selected a different language, a...

zeferino
Grasshopper

this worked, thanks.  

I selected a different language, and turned on subtitles, but not in the main screen during the show>  as you say, the screen that shows the seasons/episodes has a settings button at the top right.   I did it there first, then back to the show, but turning subtitles off there did nothing (app ignored me).  So i went back to the Episodes screen, and did it again--selected a different language, then selected subtitles, then back to language--English, and back to subtitles none.  

Voila!  no more annoying subtitles.  I'm pretty sure I took too many steps.  

cheers. 

0 Kudos

The only thing I have found that worked was pausing  the...

Kris199
Grasshopper
  • The only thing I have found that worked was pausing  the video, going into the subtitle option and even tho it showed English was selected I changed it to German then went back in to change it to English. (Interestingly the English and German options are one above the the other)
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help