Surround sound with the Bluecurve wireless 4K TV player

sgcz6072
Grasshopper

I have a home theatre in my home and in the past I've always connected my cable box to my A/V receiver to get 5.1 channel surround sound. I have not been able to achieve this with this new box. It never occurred to me to even ask about whether this was an issue because it never has been in the past. Does anyone know how to connect the Bluecurve wireless 4K TV player to get true surround sound?

Labels (1)
23 Replies

What I do is take optical audio from my TV back to my Sur...

srglassw
Grasshopper

What I do is take optical audio from my TV back to my Surround Sound system.

How are you connecting the BlueCurve device? To the recei...

sgcz6072
Grasshopper

How are you connecting the BlueCurve device? To the receiver or to the TV? And what cable are you using to connect it?

I connect the BlueCurve device (Xi6 TV Player) to the TV...

srglassw
Grasshopper

I connect the BlueCurve device (Xi6 TV Player) to the TV with HDMI cable.

Make sure your TV audio card supports 5.1 over HDMI and i...

rickatk
Master

@srglassw wrote:

I connect the BlueCurve device (Xi6 TV Player) to the TV with HDMI cable.

Connecting your source input boxes like cable box, streamer, game box or BlueRay disk players to the TV is a great way to go. Make sure your TV audio card supports 5.1 over HDMI and is set to do so.  Make sure the Xi6 box audio is set to Auto and it should display 5.1 assuming your TV audio card supports 5.1 audio. 

When hooking up your source players connect your TV to the receiver using an HDMI cable and the ARC ports. Make sure CEC is also turned on.

I you decide to use an optical connection you will need to make sure your TV audio card supports DD5.1. Many only output to stereo.

I prefer to connect all my sources (cable, Blueray, Chrom...

Bkroeker
Grasshopper

I prefer to connect all my sources (cable, Blueray, Chromecast) to my receiver (a new Sony) so that I can do all my switching, including the FM tuner, on one remote. I get Dolby 5.1 just fine after some fiddling. I set the Blue Curve Xi6 HDMI audio output to Expert, which says it forces the output to the best possible Dolby codec. I tried setting it to Auto Detect which detects the audio capability of the receiver but it just sends stereo. The only problem I have is record a program to the cloud it always plays back in stereo. I think I'll start a separate discussion for that to see if anyone else has that problem.

That's the same issue I've been having. I agree with you...

sgcz6072
Grasshopper

That's the same issue I've been having. I agree with you in that I also prefer to have everything connected to the A/V receiver so it basically becomes the control centre. In fact, that's always the way I've used it in the past and have never had a problem until we got this wireless BlueCurve box. I'm going to try your solution. I'm pretty sure I have the HDMI audio output setting to Auto Detect. I'll change that to Expert when I get home tonight and see if that solves the problem. That's unfortunate about the recording issue but I can probably live with that for now. If you do post the new thread I'll be interested to see if anybody has an answer for that. Thanks for the response.

If your TV supports it and passes thru DD 5.1 sound try h...

rickatk
Master

@sgcz6072 wrote:

I have a home theatre in my home and in the past I've always connected my cable box to my A/V receiver to get 5.1 channel surround sound. I have not been able to achieve this with this new box. It never occurred to me to even ask about whether this was an issue because it never has been in the past. Does anyone know how to connect the Bluecurve wireless 4K TV player to get true surround sound?

If your TV supports it and passes thru DD 5.1 sound try hooking up your devices directly to the tv and then send the audio to your receiver via the ARC HDMI port. Set your Xi6 box to Auto to confirm DD5.1. Alternatively try Expert for the highest decoding possible.

I also get 5.1 with live content but only stereo on recor...

choochoo
Grasshopper

I also get 5.1 with live content but only stereo on recorded content ( even same program& channel) -- very frustrating - , also likes to switch back to 720p daily --starting to  want my Gateway back .😟

Shaw blue curve sucks!

ESykora
Grasshopper

Shaw blue curve sucks!

TALK TO US
We're here to help