-- Unbenounced to me these changers only lasted a certain...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tina2004 -- Unbenounced to me these changers only lasted a certain length of time and the bill crept up to $161.

Welcome to this "peer-to-peer" discussion forum. It is not a direct path to Shaw Support.

Your monthly Shaw invoice should list the expiry-date of each "promotional" discount.

Via the My Shaw portal, you can view/download all your invoices, for a few years.

> Furthermore, when I moved I got charged a whopping almost $400. 

That seems strange.  Did you tell Shaw that you were moving, or did you "cancel", and then sign-up at your new location?

Again, that portal has a "transactions" interface -- every transaction, e.g., adding/deleting channels and services, should be itemized & displayed.

Finally, as you are reading this, scroll-down to see:

Capture.JPG

Click on the "Your Voice" hyperlink to submit your feedback directly to Shaw. They will reply, by phone or E-mail.

0 Kudos

The issue I have is I was never told if I moved I'd get c...

tina2004
Grasshopper

The issue I have is I was never told if I moved I'd get charged a balance. I wasn't even told there was an expiry date. All that was said was "We can certainly help you with a promotion we have right now" Just seems heavy handed and poor business practices. Yes, I told them I was moving.

Hi  , you would not have been charged to move your servic...

g-idk
Master

Hi @tina2004 , you would not have been charged to move your services to your new home, the only way you would have been charged for moving is 1) you cancelled your services and then reactivated them at your new place without having Shaw properly transfer the service. 2) you have moved to an area that is not served by Shaw and therefore your contract is now terminated at a balance owing for the months remaining on your 2 year value plan.  As for not being told there was an expiry date, every single monthly invoice you would have received shows when your expiry date is, and they would have sent you a copy of your agreement by email when you first signed up, I presume you went over your contract, or contacted them if you didn't receive a copy of your agreement.  Well as mentioned @mdk  post above you can file a formal complaint with Shaw.  Good luck and here's hoping for a mutually satisfactory conclusion.  Stay Safe.

0 Kudos

AGREED!!!  I'm a 10+ year customer... They don't care. Lo...

LakeLife111
Grasshopper

AGREED!!!  I'm a 10+ year customer... They don't care.

Lots of profits, but they nastily cut short customer care resources.

Shat Direct Chat is friendly but useless... they say phone in.

I phone in... this is the 3rd time... "58min wait"... ha ha... I hung up after 90minutes.

My solution... cut-off credit card until they reply... they still don't care... "7 days we're cutting you off, but don't email back because we don't read your email at this address."

2 years ago'ish they upgraded all my channels to HD... gr...

LakeLife111
Grasshopper

2 years ago'ish they upgraded all my channels to HD... great if screaming sunshine!

If cloudy spotty service.

If light rain BAD service.

If medium rain or more NO NO NO service.

Tina2004, I'm sorry to hear about the experienced you had...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Tina2004, I'm sorry to hear about the experienced you had. I have a disability as well. Technically, because you have a disability, any moving charge that you were given should be waived, and be given free. You should inquire to speak with a supervisor from Shaw about this. Also, the technician should've been more responsible to take notes and mention that your equipment was indeed picked up by Shaw. Also, mention to a Shaw supervisor about the charges on your bill. This sounds completely unacceptable on the part from Shaw, and hopefully you speaking to a supervisor who'll be able to resolve these issues. As a customer, you have every right to complain about services, billing issues, service calls, and more, that you're not happy with.

0 Kudos

--  GREAT, if screaming sunshine! If cloudy, SPOTTY servi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LakeLife111 --  GREAT, if screaming sunshine! If cloudy, SPOTTY service. If light rain, BAD service. If medium rain or more, NO NO NO service.

I know extremely little about the Shaw Direct technology, but I wonder if your satellite-dish is aimed slightly "off-target", and the clouds & precipitation is reducing the incoming signal-strength too much ?

0 Kudos

For a communications company your communications suck. Af...

Tara2
Grasshopper

For a communications company your communications suck. After weeks of trying to get you...you never tried to get me. You cut me off and send me to collections for $40-50 when I'm trying to get an actual amount. You were waiting because I was waiting. You know there is a pandemic right? People like me who with in hospitality got hit hard. When you ended up sick and in hospital....well that just sent the government into tailspins trying to figure out how to work it out. (And they were just as hard to hold of...especially from a sick bed.) Finally got you on messenger...even telling you I was about to file a complaint but they said to give you a chance first.....something you didn't give me.....and then.....????? Nothing. Sent the information you req on the First.....I see it was looked at 31 minutes later. NEVER an acknowledgement of receipt. Or care. So your not interested in working with someone. You just respond from script. But now I have fulfilled the Ctss requirement that I have tried....and trusted...and tried. It's the communications company that seems to have difficulty with communicating. Now I know why when I moved here five years ago ten of neighbours had shaw satellite. We were down to three. And that makes two. I guess I better learn how this internet on tv thing works.

0 Kudos

-- five years ago ten of neighbours had Shaw satellite. W...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Tara2 -- five years ago ten of neighbours had Shaw satellite. We were down to three. And that makes two.

Have you looked at www.xplornet.com ?  They also provide Internet & TV via satellite.

0 Kudos

Xplornet net just does internet.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Xplornet net just does internet. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help