the new format is annoying!!!!!!

Not applicable

changes to the guide  and taping.  who thought it was a good idea to not highlight movies any more on the tv guide?  It was simple before to scroll down and see if there were any movies that I wanted to tape, now not so much, also new shows used to be highlighted in yellow, now it is pale blue on dark blue - who thought that was better???  it is difficult to see what is a new episode and what is a repeat, almost the same colour.  When you go to the scheduler and if you have something taped that is a series and are watching one of them , it used to take you back to the same place in the scheduler when you deleted so you could watch the next episode, now it just takes you back to scheduler and you have to scroll to find where you were, very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  again, who thought that was a better system????

16 Replies

Re: the new format is annoying!!!!!!

shaw-tony

Hey lucylily,

We appreciate the feedback and apologize for the troubles this update has caused. We don't have an ETA for when the colours will be updated to be more obvious but it is something that is on the radar as we have received similar feedback from other users regarding this change. At this point, the only thing we know is that it will be addressed in a future update, but hopefully, that won't be too far out. Currently, the colours are still available and showing as a small line on the left of the show bar. You can find more details here.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

hjnicol
Grasshopper

I agree with everything that lucylily said, especially the change that once you click on a recorded program in "My PVR Recordings" when you re-enter "My PVR Recordings" the cursor has returned to "Scheduler".  Why would anyone think this was an improvement ?

lalei
Grasshopper

We had the same reaction! Just had a Live Chat with Shaw and was told that the colour-coded guide was disontinued as of the last system update, becuase it was causing issues and glitches. We had never experienced any, but apparently the decision was made for 'customers across the country'. Shaw could have (a) informed us, and (b) asked for feedback. We detest the 'new' guide, because it's really difficult to decipher. Bad move, Shaw. Oh, and on the most recent bill, another "Rate Adjustment" of $7.42/month because we aren't on a fixed-term plan. Really?! The last one was more than $6/month. So much for taking care with our budgeting, and again, way to go, Shaw, for rewarding longstanding customers. Thinking that it's time to talk to Telus about switching all of our services.

0 Kudos

mikeer
Grasshopper

Agreed!

0 Kudos

gatewayexpert
Shaw Squad

lucylily‌ what you are describing for the PVR deleting in a series does not happen in this new code.  You may be experiencing an issue with your box. can you outline the exact steps with button presses you take to get this to happen?

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

It's a small thing but another issue I don't like with this new update is when you are in the PVR Recordings list and you hit the left arrow button you used to go right to the Channels list but now you go to the Channel Guide list and then the Channels list. Yeah - I know it's just one more step but I wish there was a way to delete the Channel Guide option in the Settings Folder like before.

gatewayexpert
Shaw Squad

I agree with you.  It should be able to be disabled in the settings menu like everything else.  This request has been brought forward with the Guide company. Hopefully there will be an fix for this in the future.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

gatewayexpert wrote:

I agree with you.  It should be able to be disabled in the settings menu like everything else.  This request has been brought forward with the Guide company. Hopefully there will be an fix for this in the future.

Great - like I said before it's not a huge thing ( it's not that hard to push the left arrow button one more time and then hit OK ) but more of an annoyance. We're all creatures of habit and since my update happened just this morning I still find it a bit weird not to go straight to the Channels list from the PVR Recordings list. That being said - I actually like this new sleeker look of the Gateway Guide. I can understand why some people miss the different colors for sports, movies, etc. but I don't really notice it.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So after playing around with the new version of the Guide for a few hours I've come across another minor inconvenience. I use the " Search " function a lot and with the old version of the Guide I used to hit the blue VOD button and then hit the left arrow button which took me to " Search ". But now if you hit the blue VOD button it automatically opens up the VOD section. It's not a huge thing but I would prefer it if it went back to the old version as I've probably accidently gone to the VOD section about half a dozen times already.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help