Third party hub to connect Google Home to a Bluecurve box

rkubara
Grasshopper

I helped my brother connect his Telus cable boxes directly to Goggle Home allowing Google Home to turn on/off the cable box and or TV, adjust the volume and change channels all by Google Home voice control. I would like to do the same with my Shaw Bluecurve. Shaw Support does not have any suggestions.

Both Harmony and RM have hubs that can control both IR and RF cable boxes. Has anyone been successful using these hubs or any other third party hub allowing Google Home to control the Shaw Bluecurve cable box?

I appreciate any help or input you may have.

Ron

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

I have the Harmony Hub controlling my BlueCurve, TV and D...

rstra
Grand Master

I have the Harmony Hub controlling my BlueCurve, TV and Denon receiver, using Alexa, but it will also work with my Google Home. Setup is pretty straight forward, I had to select Xfinity when I added BlueCurve to Harmony, although that may have changed and and BC might now be on the list.

Interesting rstra, thank you. Can Alexa voice control cha...

rkubara
Grasshopper

Interesting rstra, thank you.

Can Alexa voice control change Bluecurve channels, pause etc? What model Harmony hub is it.

Ron

0 Kudos

There is only one Harmony Hub. I have the Harmony Ultimat...

rstra
Grand Master

There is only one Harmony Hub. I have the Harmony Ultimate One remote, but you don’t need a remote, you can just use the Harmony app. It will change channels, volume, pause, turn on and off, and etc. 

0 Kudos

I have now bought a Harmony Hub on eBay and look forward...

rkubara
Grasshopper

I have now bought a Harmony Hub on eBay and look forward to receiving it and connecting it to GH. Once I do so, I will update this post.

I have a fire stick with hub but can’t change channels or...

oscar9
Grasshopper

I have a fire stick with hub but can’t change channels or rewind by voice (Alexa) etc with blue curve box. I have tried everything I can think of.  Help most welcome. 
gh

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help