Trying to use FreeRange TV on my laptop but it keeps telling me that there is a streaming issue. This has been going on for weeks now.

smitty62
Grasshopper

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming Airdate: 8/3.

(Error player.3300.4259876)

It starts to stream and then quits several seconds in. Check with an internet speed test (Google) and there doesn't seem to be any restriction on the down or uplink.

Using FF as my browswer on Mac OSX 10.13.6

everything seems patched and up to date.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Re: Trying to use FreeRange TV on my laptop but it keeps telling me that there is a streaming issue. This has been going on for weeks now.

smitty62
Grasshopper

Just for giggles. I loaded Google Chrome to see if that would be better and it is streaming fine. So far. Still would like an answer on why after years of supporting FireFox it no longer works with vague error messages.

0 Kudos

Re: Trying to use FreeRange TV on my laptop but it keeps telling me that there is a streaming issue. This has been going on for weeks now.

shaw-don

Hello smitty62 

Try clearing the Firefox browser cache, see if you are able to play FreeRange TV content. If still having trouble try resetting the browser settings to the default settings and try again. 

0 Kudos

For two days now my Free Range TV has been having trouble...

mrm
Grasshopper

For two days now my Free Range TV has been having trouble streaming consistently.  It stops every 10 seconds with a message, "attempting to Resume".  I have a fiber connection that provides at least 70 mbps up and down so that's not the problem.  Prior to two days ago it worked fine.

0 Kudos

Are you using your web browser to watch content at https:...

shaw-valerie

@mrm Are you using your web browser to watch content at https://bluecurvetv.shaw.ca/ or are you using the BlueCurve TV app? Other users in this thread have reported performance impacts from adblocking services and firewall settings, so if clearing your browser cache does not help to improve performance, I'd suggest trying the suggestions there next. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help