Jump to solution

TSN CFL in stereo

Boight
Grasshopper

In the last couple of weeks-ish CFL on TSN has gone from 5.1 to 2ch stereo. YUK! It's like watching on a phone. 😞

I've emailed  bell and naturally didn't get a response, so I'm wondering if Shaw has something to say about this degradation in service, and/or if it's nation wide or fixable or another nail in the TSN/CFL coffin?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Effective this week it's been magically fixed.  Much bett...

Boight
Grasshopper

Effective this week it's been magically fixed.  Much better in 5.1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jump to solution

I haven't heard of any reports of this issue and didn't n...

shaw-tony

@Boight I haven't heard of any reports of this issue and didn't notice the change from my experience. Generally, that is up to the broadcaster to control. It may be a settings issue on the TV box that was reset? What settings do you have it on right now?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The gateway setting, Audio output is set to Dolby digital...

Boight
Grasshopper

The gateway setting, Audio output is set to Dolby digital. I'm getting 5.1 (the receiver displays the received signal) on most every other channel. I've only noticed HD TSN 1-5 that it's showing as Dolby 2.0. Even right now (it's 4am Sat.) all TSN are showing as 2.0. Sportsnet, golf, etc. are 5.1.  I know the CFL games used to be 5.1, there's a distinct difference with the missing centre and rear channels.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If you toggle that setting to one of the other options an...

shaw-valerie

@Boight If you toggle that setting to one of the other options and back, does it change anything? Also a bit more info on your setup here may provide some additional insight, such as the type of cable(s) connecting from the Gateway to your receiver and the Gateway to the TV. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

First thing I need to know is TSN in 5.1 for everybody el...

Boight
Grasshopper

First thing I need to know is TSN in 5.1 for everybody else.

For my setups. I have 3 TVs connected via HDMI cables from their portal to receiver to TV. ALL receivers are showing TSN as 2.0, most of the other HD channels show as 5.1. on all portal/receiver/tv setups.

I have toggled to "stereo" in settings and the receiver switches to PCM 48Hz and then back to 5.1 when I return it to Dolby D.. except of course on TSN where it says Dolby Digital 2.0

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I found another post on  here where more people have noti...

Boight
Grasshopper

I found another post on  here where more people have noticed this. No reply to them.

Emailed TSN.. I'm sorry we're experiencing higher than normal volumes.. we'll get back to you. blah blah blah.

It's pretty simple, why can't shaw just answer?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Effective this week it's been magically fixed.  Much bett...

Boight
Grasshopper

Effective this week it's been magically fixed.  Much better in 5.1

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help