TSN Sportsnet rates

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Here's a fun fact....I was looking online at the Telus Optik website & it's says for TSN & Sportsnet they only charge $8 each for each theme pack....same channels in the packages as Shaw (I even phoned up Telus & talked to a rep & he confirmed $8).....so why is Shaw charging $15 each when Telus is $8?.....same channels.....just curious.....thanks 

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Cost of channel and theme pack add-ons is determined by a...

shaw-valerie

@CoffeeLover909 Cost of channel and theme pack add-ons is determined by a number of factors, including our costs from the content owner and demand for the content. The cost for TSN and Sportsnet add-on themes is $15/month each or $25/month for both when adding on to Limited TV, those channels would also be included in our Total TV package as part of the included lineup. 

0 Kudos

Thank you for answering however I'm still confused as why...

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Thank you for answering however I'm still confused as why Telus customers only have to pay $8;for the TSN & Sportsnet theme packs compared to Shaw's $15;each (or $25 for both) &: with Telus you can those theme packs even if you have their very basic (Its called Essentials equivalent to Shaw's Limited TV)...... believe me I'd love to get TSN Sportsnet theme packs for $8 like Telus has

0 Kudos

> believe me I'd love to get TSN Sportsnet theme packs fo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> believe me I'd love to get TSN Sportsnet theme packs for $8 like Telus has

Believe me, I'd love to get *all* channels for free, but shareholders in Shaw Cablesystems and/or Telus (listed on on the Toronto Stock Exchange) probably will disagree with my request.

Last week, a door-to-door Telus marketer offered to "buy me out" of the remaining months in my 2-year Shaw agreement, if I switched.

But, when she could not be convinced that the neighbour's fibre-optic "tap" into Telus' fibre-optic cable (on the telephone-pole across my street) was any different (in terms of connecting to a "shared network") from my coaxial-cable connected to the Shaw distribution box (on the same telephone pole), I thanked her for her time, and ended the conversation.

I blame badly inaccurate training by Telus of their door-to-door marketers.  Sigh.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help