TV cable service down

Mdeon
Grasshopper

My Shaw television service isn't working again. I don't have the time or patience to call Shaw and talk to someone 1/2 around the world.  It'll take forever. My question is why doesn't Shaw post outages online more quickly so you know when it's going to be repaired? Mine has been out for 90 mins. Should be enough time to provide an update.

2 Replies

-- did a tree fall on Shaw's coaxial-cable between your h...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mdeon -- did a tree fall on Shaw's coaxial-cable between your home and the nearest telephone pole? 

That would block your TV service.

Can you talk to your neighbours, to ask if they are Shaw subscribers, and if their TV service has stopped? It could be a problem only on your residential street, or within your MURB (Multiple Unit Residential Building).

Make an official contact with Shaw Support: 1-888-472-2222 and get them to spend your monthly fees on giving "support" to you.

0 Kudos

Hi  , I agree can be very frustrating.  But Shaw usually...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Mdeon , I agree can be very frustrating.  But Shaw usually posts an outage if it affects a certain area or a large swath of customers, lots of time though it just might be your specific tv box that is glitching or loose cables, etc. not the entire neighbourhood.  Have you tried resetting your tv box by unplugging the power wait 30 sec. and plug the power back in and let the box reboot itself, it might take a bit to fully boot up.  If your entire neighbourhood is without Shaw services then yes they should be posting something about it, but they are not good at (e.t.a.) too many variables they always say to make timelines.  Hope this helps a little.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help