TV capture

wynford
Grasshopper

I am trying to setup a https://www.diamondmm.com/product/diamond-ati-theater-hd-750-usb-tv-tuner/ to watch TV when my pvr is recording 2 shows and i want to watch something else. (I have had this device for a number of years and had it working with an older digital cable box and decided to try and re-hook it up).

The software installs no problem, but when i try to setup the TV, it doesn't find any channels, says that the device can't be found or is in use.

I have a 3 way splitter connecting my TV, router and the tv tuner, i replaced the 2 way with a 3 way and that's where all the connections are.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

It won’t work because Shaw is all digital now, you need a...

rstra
Grand Master

It won’t work because Shaw is all digital now, you need a cable box to view the cable channels.

-- Any ideas would be appreciated > I have a 3 way splitt...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- Any ideas would be appreciated

> I have a 3 way splitter connecting my TV, router and the tv tuner.

I doubt that the coaxial-input direct to your TV will be supplying any channels to your TV, for the reason that @rstra  cited.

Instead of using that TV-to-USB adapter to feed your computer, access: https://bluecurvetv.shaw.ca

Yes, the URL includes "BlueCurve", rather than your current PVR, but this is an web-interface for Microsoft Windows (and for Apple devices) that lets Shaw customers watch TV on a desktop/laptop/tablet.

If you do the above, remove the 3-way splitter, and re-add the 2-way splitter -- output to your cable-modem and to your PVR.

OR ........................

You seem to have a much-older PVR, if it can only record 2 channels at once. I suggest that you shop online for a Shaw Gateway PVR, via www.used.ca or Craig's List or Kijiji. People who switched from Shaw to Telus now have this "surplus" hardware, and are trying to get something, e.g., $20, by selling their now-unusable Gateway. You can connect the Gateway to the 3rd output from your splitter, and connect its HDMI-output to the 2nd HDMI-input port on your TV.

Note that your current PVR and the Gateway PVR can co-exist on your Shaw Account.  So, you will still have access to everything you have previously recorded on your current PVR, via the 1st HDMI-input to your TV. Just contact Shaw to "add" the serial-number of the Gateway to your Shaw account.  BONUS: the Gateway can simultaneously record MORE than 2 channels.

0 Kudos

The device is analog and digital and it's hooked up to my...

wynford
Grasshopper

The device is analog and digital and it's hooked up to my tv and pvr and router... during setup it asks if I want to setup digital tv as well... I had it working with Shaw Equipment Information: Motorola DCT700 Cable TV Box before I moved and got a pvr, but can't remember how I had it hooked up.

I did buy a Shaw Equipment Information: Motorola DCX3200 M-P3 (the serial was added to my account with Shaw) and I swapped out the pvr for this and that made no difference, same messages.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help