TV Channel Updates

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I figured that any new channel announcements ( yeah - I'm not holding my breath for anything being added ) or channels being dropped could be posted in one thread to make it easier for everybody to find.

BBC Canada will cease broadcasting on December 31st - 2020. This has been confirmed on the SHAW Direct site: https://www.shawdirect.ca/english/support/article/12745/

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

They are usually listed on the service updates page.

rstra
Grand Master

0 Kudos

of course your bill will reflect the change.  so it won't...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

of course your bill will reflect the change.  so it won't go down.  are you still on gateway?  

0 Kudos

-- my latest Shaw invoice contains the paragraph:As of De...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bostonbob -- my latest Shaw invoice contains the paragraph:

As of December 31, 2020, BBC Canada Channel will cease broadcasting in Canada. If you currently subscribe to this channel as a pick and pay option and would like to replace this channel, please contact our customer service agents at shaw.ca/Chat or 1-888-472-2222 with any questions. If subscribed as part of a multi-pack, discounts will be removed if the channel is not replaced by January 31, 2021.

OK?

0 Kudos

I would have watched this channel if it was in HD.

rstra
Grand Master

I would have watched this channel if it was in HD.

They are supposed to be but once again SHAW is being very...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@rstra wrote:

They are supposed to be but once again SHAW is being very slow in updating this page. The last few free previews ( CBC News Network, CTV News Channel, Love Nature and HIFI ) still have not been listed. Heck on the " Service Updates and Outages " page they still have the heading of " News and Free Previews ( March - April ) so obviously keepings up to date is not really a big priority right now.

0 Kudos

I am and after reading all the recent BlueCurve complaint...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@cpmrich36 wrote:

are you still on gateway?  

I am and after reading all the recent BlueCurve complaints outside of missing a few HD channels I am happy that I kept my Gateway.

0 Kudos

I just noticed that info on my last bill but I'm guessing...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

@bostonbob -- my latest Shaw invoice contains the paragraph:

As of December 31, 2020, BBC Canada Channel will cease broadcasting in Canada. If you currently subscribe to this channel as a pick and pay option and would like to replace this channel, please contact our customer service agents at shaw.ca/Chat or 1-888-472-2222 with any questions. If subscribed as part of a multi-pack, discounts will be removed if the channel is not replaced by January 31, 2021.

OK?

I just noticed that info on my last bill but I'm guessing a lot of people miss that sort of announcement. 

0 Kudos

A couple more channels going out of business: On February...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

A couple more channels going out of business:

On February 22, 2021, Book TV and Fashion TV will cease broadcasting in Canada. The termination decision was made by Bell Media. The channel will be removed from all lineups across the country. There will be no replacement channel. If you're currently subscribed to these channels through a pick-pack, we encourage you to contact our customer service agents at shaw.ca/chat to review your options.

0 Kudos

I am surprised those channels lasted this long.

rstra
Grand Master

I am surprised those channels lasted this long.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help