unable to get service

jk76
Grasshopper

I have always found Shaw customer service helpful , but yesterday I was on the phone twice and live chat once for a total of three hours.

The two phone employees knew very little about gateway boxes and their solution was to unplug and reboot..for two hours!

Finally I asked for s service call and was told that I would have to wait for a week.

I am 76 years old and climbing ladders, plugging and unplugging is not easy for me  Surely after dealing with Shaw to no avail , they could schedule a service call that is more timely . I have been a customer for over 30 years and this is the first time that I have been disappointed.

I had a problem with Telus last week and they were out to fix it the next day.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

--  I asked for a service call and was told that I would...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jk76 --  I asked for a service call and was told that I would have to wait for a week.

in what area do you live? The Shaw Technicians that do "site-visits" usually are booked 3 to 5 days ahead of the visit. That is a fact.

Look around. A nearby construction renovation (changing a now-closed big-box store into a WALMART store) has signs, offering immediate employment to carpenters and labourers. It is a sign of the times that many job-openings are going unfilled.  I can guess that Shaw also will immediately hire a qualified technician, to do service-calls.

Of course, everybody wanting FREE service wants IMMEDIATE service.

What is the issue with your Shaw service? 

Maybe, somebody on this peer-to-peer discussion forum can help you, today.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help