Unskippable ads in PVR

bdobson
Grasshopper

I had a fair backlog on my PVR and was just getting to some of my most recent recordings and found ads that cannot be fast-forwarded through. Sure, it's a few but I see this as an unacceptable trend, I use a PVR to avoid all ads. By inserting ads which you cannot skip you remove a great deal of the value and push people more to dumping cable all together and just going streaming.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Which PVR do you have? Are you able to fast forward the s...

rstra
Grand Master

Which PVR do you have? Are you able to fast forward the show portion of the recording? Are you able to pause or rewind? 

0 Kudos

I have the first Blue Sky PVR (not the new 4K wireless on...

bdobson
Grasshopper

I have the first Blue Sky PVR (not the new 4K wireless one)

I can pause, rewind and many commercials you can fast forward through but there are a few, scattered around (the first was a Shaw ad no less) that puts up a small dialogue box stating this portion cannot be fast-forwarded. It's not an inability, it's there's new ads which cannot be fast-forwarded through, which is, again, unacceptable.

That happens to me once in a while, and I have had to pow...

rstra
Grand Master

That happens to me once in a while, and I have had to power cycle to fix it. Some on demand content cannot be skipped, but that is normal. 

0 Kudos

These are just standard television shows I'm taping, noth...

bdobson
Grasshopper

These are just standard television shows I'm taping, nothing on demand at all. I've never seen this before.

0 Kudos

Are you able to tell me what you are recording, I will tr...

rstra
Grand Master

Are you able to tell me what you are recording, I will try recording it myself?

0 Kudos

This happened on the latest Harley Quinn and Batmwoman. I...

bdobson
Grasshopper

This happened on the latest Harley Quinn and Batmwoman. In the recent cases they were unskippable Shaw ads.... Which makes it worse.

0 Kudos

Thanks, I will see if it works for me.

rstra
Grand Master

Thanks, I will see if it works for me. 

0 Kudos

I have had this happen a few times also. When I looked at...

robmann
Grasshopper

I have had this happen a few times also. When I looked at this closer I noticed that while I clicked on it to play from the PVR it showed that it was loading an "on demand" version, not the PVR.

Try as I might it refused to play the PVR version. I did a "System refresh" and I didn't have the issue afterward.

TALK TO US
We're here to help