Upcoming Gateway Menu Update Postponed ????

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So yesterday I saw on the " Service Updates " page that SHAW was going to be updating the Gateway's menu and giving it an all new fresh look. This was going to take place over the span of 2 to 3 weeks starting in late February and finishing up mid-March. However today that update is no longer showing up so I was just wondering if it has been delayed or just scrapped entirely ????

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: Upcoming Gateway Menu Update Postponed ????

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So I found a different notice about the upcoming Gateway update:

https://community.shaw.ca/community/search?q=Feb%2020%20-%20Mar%2013%20%7C%20Gateway%20User%20Interf... 

One thing missing here are the dates that the updates are taking place in each region. I seem to remember that it is happening here in Vancouver on March 6th or 7th. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey bostonbob,

The updates will certainly be going forward between Feb 20 - Mar 13 as per our details here that you found. I am sorry for any confusion the alert may have caused and appreciate your excitement for the upcoming changes.  Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Hey Tony - what happened to the original notice about the upcoming update ???? That contained a lot more info that SHAW customers would find helpful such as the exact dates their area will be getting the update. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We apologize for the confusion on that. The information was posted in error - the details hadn't been finalized yet, so the posts were removed. We usually try not to give the exact dates because they can change, and we don't want to disappoint our customers who might have been expecting the updates to go through. While we do our best to push through the updates as scheduled, there are sometimes issues that prevent us from doing so, which is why we usually give a date range rather than specific dates. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

my box had a message on it saying it would be getting updated on February 27th

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

mike10dude wrote:

my box had a message on it saying it would be getting updated on February 27th

Wow - I had no idea that SHAW still left messages on any of their cable boxes. They stopped leaving them on the Gateway system ( even though the Messages icon is still there ) years ago. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

yeah I was really surprised to see it

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

mike10dude wrote:

yeah I was really surprised to see it

Well I just saw one on my Gateway too. Kind of strange as we were told a few years ago that the " Messages " function was permanently disabled. This must be an important update so I guess SHAW wants everybody notified especially those that don't check the Forums. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Hi Tony,

I had a look at the screenshots of the update.  What is being enhanced in the update?  All that I could see was that the colours for the show types - sports, movies, etc. looks to be gone??  Any reason for removing it. My wife and I found the colours helpful. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help