Viewing my condo building's front door security camera

Jdlauder
Grasshopper

Our condo building has a contract with Shaw for basic cable TV programming.  There is an assigned TV channel that allows us to view our building's front door camera to see who is there before we buzz people into our building. Besides the basic cable I have HD plus and have access to the front door camera. New people moving in are choosing to get Shaw Bluecurve TV and by doing so can not access our front door security camera as the assigned TV channel that the basic cable people use is a stingray music channel on Bluecurve. The Bluecurve people have lost this security feature. How can our Bluecurve people access our front door camera on their TV? Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

I can't help with your question but have you seen this re...

srglassw
Grasshopper

I can't help with your question but have you seen this related thread? There are some suggestions further down in that thread.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-discussions/lobby-security-camera/m-p/33611#M8734

-- good reference. There is another thread, that I will s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@srglassw -- good reference.

There is another thread, that I will summarize:

1. from the coaxial wall-outlet, run a coaxial cable into a "1-to-2" splitter.
  2. from that splitter, run a coaxial cable into the TV.
  3. from that splitter, run a coaxial cable into the BlueCurve.
  4. run a HDMI cable from the BlueCurve into your TV.
  5. use the Shaw remote-control to switch between from the HDMI source to the "cable" source.
  6. use the TV's remote-control to "scan" for available channels on that "cable" source. It probably will find only one channel, namely the output from the camera in the lobby.
  7. use the Shaw remote-control to switch the TV to the HDMI input, and watch TV.
  8. when you are alerted that somebody is in the lobby, use the Shaw remote-control to switch the TV to the "coax" input.

This assumes a "modern" TV, with both coax and HDMI inputs.

0 Kudos

My mother had same problem. After 2 hours on phone with 4...

lucy571
Grasshopper

My mother had same problem. After 2 hours on phone with 4 Shaw customer service reps no resolution. Did make her appointment with service tech next day who arrived and said he had nothing to do with security cameras. After talking to him I (a 64yo non tech savvy female) convinced him to replace her box. Low and behold all issues resolved. Maybe I should troubleshoot for Shaw.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help