Jump to solution

VOD v Streaming Apps

rickatk
Master

I have made a number of posts regarding VOD offerings v On Demand and the lack of apps like CBC Gem and Prime.

Prime notwithstanding, I am starting to see many of the VOD offerings, cable channels and alike, are indeed the same shows and episodes perhaps in a different format with and without commercials.

I also see that some of the network apps like CTV (Comedy, Drama and Sci-fi) are provided in a Shaw bundle but not the CTV locker retro apps. Same for some of the Movie Channels. I also notice for example CBC News Network is on my Shaw guide as well as the Gem app.

As I use VOD more and navigate through the different channels(apps) I see the episode offerings are there, perhaps in an abbreviated format, like less seasons or episodes.

Are the shows offered in the Gem app represented in some other way on VOD, TV lineup or as a channels subscription?

BTW the CTV apps / channels (Comedy,Sci-fi and Drama) are nicely represented on VOD. More content, episodes and seasons would be nice but a good start.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

VOD content available is determined by our agreements wit...

shaw-valerie

@rickatk VOD content available is determined by our agreements with the broadcaster, which can dictate the length of time after original airing that episodes are available for and total number of episodes available at a time, and this can also vary by the program itself so all shows may not have the same 'rules' even when airing on the same network. 

You can view all of the content available through VOD from CBC on Demand here, this may or may not be the same content that CBC provides directly through their Gem service.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jump to solution

VOD content available is determined by our agreements wit...

shaw-valerie

@rickatk VOD content available is determined by our agreements with the broadcaster, which can dictate the length of time after original airing that episodes are available for and total number of episodes available at a time, and this can also vary by the program itself so all shows may not have the same 'rules' even when airing on the same network. 

You can view all of the content available through VOD from CBC on Demand here, this may or may not be the same content that CBC provides directly through their Gem service.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help