What am I paying for !!?!

Holydaisy
Grasshopper

We had a tech come to the house to have a look at our cable lines to the exterior pole and in the process he unnecessarily did a modem “swap” … I asked him to “swap” back and now we have had no service whatsoever (neither cable nor internet) since January 7 @10:30 am … it is now January 10 @ 8:30pm . Not one agent can give me any concrete answers except that the “back system” is experiencing an “outage” ?!??

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Why did you ask the Tech to swap the modem back? Clearly...

rickatk
Master

@Holydaisy wrote:

We had a tech come to the house to have a look at our cable lines to the exterior pole and in the process he unnecessarily did a modem “swap” … I asked him to “swap” back and now we have had no service whatsoever (neither cable nor internet) since January 7 @10:30 am … it is now January 10 @ 8:30pm . Not one agent can give me any concrete answers except that the “back system” is experiencing an “outage” ?!??

@Holydaisy  Why did you ask the Tech to swap the modem back? Clearly switching out the modem was part of Shaw’s protocol for troubleshooting. Have you considered that the modem was part of the problem? 

0 Kudos

Long story short … we had two service calls performed by...

Holydaisy
Grasshopper

Long story short … we had two service calls performed by two different reps with two different opinions. Rep one said he would switch the modem just as part of what they do, rep two had 20 years experience and said he didn’t need to switch to modem. When I question him about this , because the other rep thought the modem should be switched, he got pissy with me swapped it out before we could have a rational discussion as to why he didn’t think it needed to be switched. Now this happened while I wasn’t at home. (My retired mother was there) When I got home we talked and decided it was better to keep the modem that he thinks works well, then to put in a new refurbished modem because they’ve been having issues with those. I’ve been stuck in this “swap” zone they claim is part of the back system that is down 🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help