What does the square green icon on my PVR recordings list mean?

kjj4
Grasshopper

The recording tagged with the square green icon can not be retrieved. 

Labels (2)
4 Replies

Re: What does the square green icon on my PVR recordings list mean?

shaw-tony

Hey kjj4,

I'd love to look into that. Are you able to take a picture of what you see? Also, which cable box is it affecting? If it is only affecting one recording, I'd recommend trying a quick power reset by unplugging your TV box to see if it will fix the issue.

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

I recorded 9 episodes of Manifest but when I went to watc...

Kerry49
Grasshopper

I recorded 9 episodes of Manifest but when I went to watch them nothing was recorded.  Normally there’s an ! beside each episode of a series.  

0 Kudos

The ! icon means that this show will only be kept until i...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

The ! icon means that this show will only be kept until its space is needed for another recording. You should probably change your automatic recordings so anything you record will be kept until you manually delete that show. If you have a Gateway box ( it may be similar with the Bluecurve but I'll let somebody with a Bluecurve box respond ) it's easy to do:

- hit the yellow A button ( top left on remote )
- hit the Left button 3 times until you get to " Settings " then hit OK
- hit the Up button 3 times until you get to " Recording Defaults " and then hit OK
- go to the " keep " option and hit OK. Now select the " until I delete " option and that's it.

Now anything you record will have the green square icon and stay on your hard drive until you actually delete it. Once you get to the point where some shows need to be deleted in order for newer shows to be recorded you will get a message.

0 Kudos

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your recordings....

shaw-ada

@Kerry49  Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your recordings. You may also want to check your priority recordings. To review and modify display series recordings,
1- Press the Shaw button
2- Select Scheduled
3- Press arrow down
4- Select Series Priority. (1 as the highest priority)

Also, important to note that upcoming recordings take up the space in your storage. 

Yes, as @bostonbob mentioned you need to check how you save your recordings. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help