What in the world happened to this PVR recording?

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Went to go watch Holey Moley this evening, only to find out that the whole thing recorded like this:

https://i.imgur.com/i0J7k0R.mp4 

The minute of show that was recorded prior to this was fine, so I can maybe assume that the broadcaster is to blame for it, but if not: what happened?

0 Kudos
15 Replies

I am not going to click the link, but just assume it wasn...

rstra
Grand Master

@ziggurcat 

I am not going to click the link, but just assume it wasn’t what you intended to record. I happen to have last season of Holey Moley recorded, but haven’t watched yet. Which episode was this one?

0 Kudos

I clicked on the link. It's 'Holey Moley: Season 4, Episo...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I clicked on the link. It's 'Holey Moley: Season 4, Episode 3 - Bear, Bear, BEAR!', recorded from ABC but unsure which affiliate it's from. Perhaps if they know the affiliate, they could try inquiring to the station and ask if they received any complaints about the broadcast, if it was an issue at the source.

0 Kudos

Thanks for that, I didn’t even know season 4 was out. My...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph

Thanks for that, I didn’t even know season 4 was out. My series recording isnt working, and I have season 3 which I haven’t watched yet. 

0 Kudos

Oh, it's just a 16 second video I recorded on my phone....

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Oh, it's just a 16 second video I recorded on my phone.  This forum doesn't allow (or didn't allow) me to attach the video directly, so I just uploaded it to imgur and posted that link.   But yeah, it's season 4, episode 3.  I'll just wait until it pops up in the On Demand section to watch.  

0 Kudos

I believe that I am recording the show being broadcast vi...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

I believe that I am recording the show being broadcast via CTV.  By the time we got around to watching, it was too late, and I couldn't just go to live TV on ABC or any other channel that may have been airing the show at the time.    

I'm reasonably certain it may have been the same all over, regardless.

0 Kudos

-- within the Shaw Guide, future episodes of "Holey Moley...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ziggurcat -- within the Shaw Guide, future episodes of "Holey Moley" are on ABC and CTV channels. Some episodes, without any detailed Season/Episode information, are listed as being available on MUCH.

I checked www.CTV.ca and while "Holey Moley" should appear between "Hazel" and "Home Economics", it does not.

So, CTV may not have obtained the rights to post episodes onto their web-site, and Shaw On Demand also may not have the same rights.

I accessed https://www.ShawOnDemand.ca -- a web-site owned by Shaw -- and got a "security certificate error" and I was recommended to close the web-page, rather than clicking "connect anyway". The certificate was wrongly issued for "music.shaw.ca".  Via Shaw Chat, I was told that their web-admins may fix the certificate "in a few weeks". We'll see.

0 Kudos

Season 4 starts again this Wednesday May 25, beginning wi...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk @ziggurcat 

Season 4 starts again this Wednesday May 25, beginning with season 4 episode 1 at 9PM. 

0 Kudos

…on CTV.

rstra
Grand Master

…on CTV. 

0 Kudos

-- when I look at the Guide, I see that the episode on CT...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- when I look at the Guide, I see that the episode on CTV that you cited is from "2019", and there is no "NEW" tag for the episode. If the information in the Guide is correct, this is a "repeat".

Look on CTV on May 31 for "Season 4 - Episode 5". 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help