What is rdk 10000?

Not applicable

What is rdx-1000? Our tv and internet go out at least 10 times a day. Our master bedroom box crashes and freezes every single night between 1030 and 1130. It takes half hour or more to get going again. Tonight it's just a redish screen saying somethings not quite right rdk 10000. I've been on hold for 40 minutes with Shaw and chat is unavailable. Please shaw...tell me again why I am paying full price for partial service.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Re: What is rdk 10000?

shaw-tony

Hey lucky44,

Thank you for reaching out! I am very sorry to hear of the poor experience you've had. There may be several reasons to why you are seeing that error message. It is likely a signal related issue as both your Internet and TV services are disconnecting constantly. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend trying some of the troubleshooting steps here for TV and here for the Internet. If you continue to notice the same issues, your best bet is to touch base with technical support to further investigate with you. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Re: What is rdk 10000?

loli_rot
Grasshopper

I've been having that exact same problem since the end of August. My box freezing all the time, even throughout the day. It will often reset itself, and more recently, the channels constantly "skip". It's like the channels are sputtering. By the end of a 30 min show, you can say that you've watched 15 min of it, literally.

Then as of yesterday morning my Bluesky and internet unlimited stopped working. It told me to check my cables, which was the first thing I did. After an hour I called Shaw and was told there was an outage in my area, Claresholm Alberta, and they were working on a fix. They expected it to be fixed by 11 that night. Fast forward to this morning, TV and internet still not working, and nowhere on the shaw site is there mention of this interruption. The employees of shaw can see it, or so they saw, but why not us customers? You would think they would post this outrage on their site so 3000 people weren't calling wondering why they had no service. And I would expect a reimbursement to my account. Even if it was just a few credited movie rentals to everyone affected by this outage.

0 Kudos

I’m having the same issues! Upgraded a couple months ago...

Amandaphillips
Grasshopper

I’m having the same issues! Upgraded a couple months ago to a faster internet and I’ve had nothing but problems, tech came out this weekend and said the last tech installed faulty connectors, but I’m still experiencing skipping during shows and sound not matching up to what is on the screen. 
Last night my tv said my remoter wasn’t paired and now this morning I have the rdk1000 error and nothing is fixing it. So frustrated and that I spend so much money for **bleep** quality! 

TALK TO US
We're here to help