What's up with Vintage TV?? or lack thereof

bifster
Grasshopper

What's going on with Vintage TV channel 140 in Winnipeg?..there was a black screen for hours yesterday and today, and now it's looping SessionsX channel and asking you to download the app.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: What's up with Vintage TV?? or lack thereof

shaw-tony

Hey bifster,

I haven't heard of any reports of issues with the channel. The TV feed looks good from what I see here. If you notice any other ongoing issues, your best bet is to reach out to a technical support member to investigate further.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

bifster
Grasshopper

Thanks Tony but I've done some digging and have found out that Vintage TV has ceased it's cable/satellite service as of August..and is only streaming online.

The content you are seeing on 140 Is NOT Vintage TV but an infomercial for SessionsX app.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Hey bifster - thanks for doing some research and figuring out just what was going on. The Vintage TV Canada website was absolutely no use and had no info about ceasing broadcasting. Heck - their TV schedule still showed the listings from February / March 2017 !!!!

https://vintagetv.ca/tv-guide/ 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Why doesn't Shaw simply put a message on channel 178 telling us that Vintage TV was suspended?

I would rather have a black screen than what's on there now, which is a complete waste of space.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Well at least now we know what the " M " stands for.

CHANNEL M 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help