When Will Shaw Cable get out of the stone age?

twalker
Grasshopper

sometimes I ask my self if Shaw Cable will ever get out of the stone age & offer more hd channels including ones that bell/mts & a few other canadian cable providers already offer including 4k programming as more & more customers are buying 4k tv's which would be required for 4k programming.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Re: When Will Shaw Cable get out of the stone age?

Not applicable

Shaw has been undergoing a transition to MPEG-4, for a couple of years. So the HD channels are coming to Shaw's satellite. But to Cable? They don't provide an answer - at least to subscribers. Here's from their June Bulletin: 

Launches

Paramount Network HD will launch in MPEG-4 on F1R T10 on August 8, 2018.

DIY HD, Fox News HD, Discovery Science HD, Treehouse HD, HLN HD, MSNBC HD, FYI HD, Cottage Life HD and AHC HD will launch in MPEG-4 on F2 T12 on August 8, 2018.

I would love these, as I subscribe to several. But never watch as SD picture quality sucks, thus rendering it not worthwhile to add channel packages. Still waiting for WTVS PBS, TCM & Shaw's own BBC Canada in HD too, with their distinctive programming. 

More to come in 2019.

0 Kudos

Re: When Will Shaw Cable get out of the stone age?

twalker
Grasshopper

are all these channels listed above coming to shaw cable as well & not just shawdirect?  I just think it is time for shaw cable to get out of the stone ages & update the selection of hd channels so they can stay competitive with the other cable providers. &  I will predict that a lot of other customers would agree with me on this.

TALK TO US
We're here to help