why are series recording being knocked out

cathywagner
Grasshopper

Most of my series recordings for the next two weeks have been knocked out, had to put them in manually. I have dcx3510 model. Also have a second machine with just a couple series recordings, and they also were knocked out.  All the shows are showing "new" in the quide, and I have plenty of space left.  Rebooted the box but it didn't help, as new days are added in schedule they are still not showing to record.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Re: why are series recording being knocked out

Not applicable

Same thing is happening to me.  I just loaded more then half the shows I tape over the next week.

jentilben
Grasshopper

I'm having this problem as well.  I just called for support but I was over a hundred in the queue!

srglassw
Grasshopper

This is a BIG problem and I am surprised that no one from Shaw has responded to the question. I too have this same issue with my DCX 3510-M PVR with the HD Guide. Yesterday just by chance I noticed that a program that I record daily did not have any episodes showing on the Schedule tab of the Recordings screen. This series recording was set to record New episodes and the episodes are marked as New in the program guide. I changed the series to record All episodes and then the new and other episodes all showed up on the Schedule tab. I then changed the series back to just New episodes and then just New episodes were correctly shown on the Schedule tab. I found the same issue with a number of my other series recordings and reset them all using the same cumbersome procedure.

This is a serious issue. A lot of Shaw customers are going to miss series recordings of their favourite programs if they do not reset their series recordings. Many network shows are not rerun several times like they are on many of the cable channels such as HBO or Superchannel and shows on US networks are not generally available on Shaw On Demand.

Shaw, are you aware of this issue and has it been corrected?

0 Kudos

mayasmom247
Grasshopper

we had to cancel the series off the list then reenter a time consuming action for all our series. Shaw needs to compensate its customers for their screw ups when they put a bug in the system because of an upgrade or change.

TALK TO US
We're here to help