Why are you messing up Game of Thrones on PVRs?

jpvan
Grasshopper

Namely, showing season 8 episode 1 is showing as a repeat, so people who PVR new episodes will miss it...   I get that that you don't ant to pay for the East Coast feed, but this is kind of BS.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Why are you messing up Game of Thrones on PVRs?

rstra
Grand Master

Recorded fine for me on the west coast at 8pm.

shaw-tony

Hey jpvan,

I am sorry for any poor experiences that may have caused. I did check the second episode and see that it is listed as "new" on April 21 at 8 PM PT so your PVR recordings should go through with no issues. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Hi Tony, 

We suffered the same experience as JPVan did!. We set it to record Sunday at 8PM, went to view it at 9:15 or so and it wasn't in the PVR Recorded List. My better half had set the series to record New until she deleted it. She is the expert so we blamed the Shaw PVR downstairs in the media room. Nonetheless, we double checked the Series settings as we noticed GoT 8-1 was schedule for Sunday night at midnight. We thought, no problem! We can watch it Monday night as that is the only night this week we can watch it. Just to be safe, I went upstairs and configured another Shaw box to record 8-1 -- New until I deleted it. I felt pretty safe we'd be able to watch it tonite.

Nope. Both PVR's failed to record it!! 

Question:

If I set the PVR Settings>Series>Record All until I delete, will the PVR record Episode 1 that is scheduled for tomorrow?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi mforce 

Unfortunately there was an error on the guide on some of our cable boxes and as a result, the episode was not marked as new, so that's why it didn't record for some people. We apologize for the troubles with this! You should be able to set a manual recording if you want to record it at another time, or you can watch it through Video on Demand

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help