Why does Shaw offer such lousy equipment??

Not applicable

Why is it that EVERY piece of rental equipment I have had from Shaw seldom works as intended? I have gone through SEVEN HD boxes and currently have a Gateway box. With the Gateway box, recordings frequently do not record, and when existing recordings are deleted, they do not delete! Come on, Shaw, STOP offering subscribers substandard refurbished garbage, and provide the option of NEW boxes! Forget about Bluesky. It is not compatible with my older flat screen TV! We pay enough for your services, so start giving Proper working equipment!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Why does Shaw offer such lousy equipment??

Not applicable

I'm curious how the bluesky gear isn't compatible with your flat screen TV. I know that they have HDMI and the composite connectors on them. 

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I was actually pretty happy with my Gateway ....... until it died and had to be replaced last week. It really makes me mad that I lost a bunch of shows / movies that I was looking forward to watching at some point. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

It's not up to Shaw. Unfortunately they aren't a big enough company in the global scheme of things to have their own custom equipment. They take what they get from the big U.S. cable suppliers. Sometimes it's not the greatest, but there's not much they can do about that.

In any case Gateway is outdated legacy equipment now, and is unlikely to get any significant updates or bug fixes.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help