Why does Shaw use for their East feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS... the Detroit stations, but uses the Rochester station for Fox? Fox is the only one of the stations that I care to get the Detroit feed and it is the only one that is not from Detroit.

windgrad
Grasshopper

Rochester is not all that close to any Canadian border, at least not as close as Detroit is.  But, because the Rochester feed is used for Fox East, I have trouble finding a station that carries the Detroit Lions games.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Re: Why does Shaw use for their East feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS... the Detroit stations, but uses the Rochester station for Fox? Fox is the only one of the stations that I care to get the Detroit feed and it is the only one that is not from Detroit.

thejets
Grasshopper

I would like my fox to come from Minnesota instead of rochester make it happen shaw 

Re: Why does Shaw use for their East feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS... the Detroit stations, but uses the Rochester station for Fox? Fox is the only one of the stations that I care to get the Detroit feed and it is the only one that is not from Detroit.

shaw-tony

Hey windgrad and thejets,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. I appreciate your feedback regarding the channels. I will recommend submitting a channel request here to influence more interest with our content acquisition team.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

I agree! And I wish Shaw would drop the Spokane stations...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I agree! And I wish Shaw would drop the Spokane stations and use the Seattle stations instead, and Shaw needs a PBS West feed (preferably Seattle) along with a CBC West feed (preferably Vancouver) as well. Though the Spokane stations may be more beneficial to those who live near, such as Calgary, I just personally prefer the West time-shift stations to come from Seattle. In my opinion, Shaw should make available both East & West feeds for each channel carried on their channel line-up.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help