Jump to solution

XG1v4 Guide Shows No Current Channel

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

We just upgraded to a Shaw BlueCurve 4K TV Player (XG1v4) which is really nice.

With our old Motorola DCX3300, we used to be able to press the "Guide" button on our old remote and see the current channel we were watching up in the top right corner of the screen while we scrolled through the channel listings in the guide. In other words, my wife could continue to watch her favorite show up in the top right corner of the screen while I scrolled through the guide to see what was coming up next [which I quite often do].

Shaw originally sent us a BlueCurve XG1v3 which was terrible but it still gave us the same guide functionality -- we would see the current channel we were watching up in the top right corner of the screen while we scrolled through the channel listings in the guide.

Now, with this BlueCurve XG1v4, when we view the channel listings in the guide, we do not see the current channel we're watching in the top right corner of the screen anymore which is a real pain in the - - -

Is there a setting anywhere to change this? Serious omission here if this is "just the way it's supposed to be".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

You can access the mini guide by pressing the right arrow...

rstra
Grand Master
3 Replies
Jump to solution

You can access the mini guide by pressing the right arrow...

rstra
Grand Master

You can access the mini guide by pressing the right arrow button the remote.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/how-to-change-the-mini-guide-view-on-bluecurve-tv/ta-p/6274

Jump to solution

Can I buy you a beer? NOBODY at Shaw could answer this fo...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Can I buy you a beer? NOBODY at Shaw could answer this for me. They wanted to reboot, refresh, unplug... Thanks so much for your help Grand Master.

Jump to solution

Actually, now that I've had a bit of time to sit down and...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Actually, now that I've had a bit of time to sit down and work with this new XG1v4 and remote, unfortunately -- your solution only solves part of the problem. I guess I spoke too soon 😞

When I click the right arrow button on the remote, the current channel we're watching does continue to play in a window on the left and I see the mini guide on the right. But -- I can only view what's playing on all of the other channels 'right now'. Let's say it's 5 PM. The mini guide shows me what's playing on any of the channels I subscribe to from 5 PM to 6 PM but I can't scroll to the right to view the next hour of programming (6 PM to 7 PM) or an even later time (9 PM to 10 PM).

Also, I can't jump to tomorrow to see what's on.

Is this "just the way it is"? 😞

Or maybe there's another trick?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help