XG1V4 with Xi6

capri1850
Grasshopper

Back when blue curve first came there was stock issues with available equipment.  Tech had me running on a combination of XG1v4 boxes and Xi6 wireless boxes.  Everything worked fine, the odd issue with accessing cloud PVR items but no big deal.  When my XG1V4 arrived I returned all the xi6 boxes.

When I talk to support about it now they say its not possible.  What has changed.

Current setup 3xXG1V4 looking to add 1 wireless box.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

-- what is "not possible"? From: Hardware Information: Bl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@capri1850 -- what is "not possible"?

From: Hardware Information: BlueCurve TV 4K box (shaw.ca)

up to 3 of them can be interconnected, to add capacity for recordings.

But, that web-page says "currently only available in Calgary ...", which is no longer true.  That web-page needs to be updated.

I also wanted to add an Xi6 to my wired XG1v4 because I w...

rstra
Grand Master

@capri1850 I also wanted to add an Xi6 to my wired XG1v4 because I wanted to locate a tv to a spot that doesn’t have a cable outlet. I asked a friend that still works at Shaw and he says we can’t mix the two. The only problems would be that the Xi6 couldn’t access the tuner or the recordings on the XG1’s harder drive, but that shouldn’t matter because the recordings are in the cloud. 

I asked him to confirm why, I will reply if he has an answer. 

They told me you can no longer mix xi6 wireless and x1 wi...

capri1850
Grasshopper

They told me you can no longer mix xi6 wireless and x1 wired boxes on the same system.   I have trouble with that as I had it before and I know Comcast does it in the USA

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help