Jump to solution

Youtube glitchy on 720p

AndrewJW
Grasshopper

Hi, Lately I have been unable to watch any youtube content using the bluecurve tv. Anytime I try to watch anything in HD (720p) the screen goes all fuzzy but when I drop the quality down to 480p it seems to play perfectly fine. This just randomly started to happen and I can't seem to fix it. I have done several restores and resets on the bluecurve tv box and nothing seems to work. Anyone else have this problem or have any solutions?20191217_203808.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

it may be a potential fault on the HDMI output on the Blu...

shaw-tony

@AndrewJW it may be a potential fault on the HDMI output on the BlueCurve TV Box. Would you happen to have another TV/monitor available to test this on to see if the same symptoms occur? If it does, connect with us to schedule a service technician to swap the box and to ensure it doesn't happen again.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jump to solution

That's a bit of an odd issue for sure! If it were interne...

shaw-valerie

@AndrewJW That's a bit of an odd issue for sure! If it were internet connection-related, I'd expect to see more of a freezing/buffering scenario, the screen you're seeing looks more like what would occur when trying to display a resolution unsupported by your TV.....

Do you have any troubles viewing other HD-content on this TV? What is the video output resolution for the BlueCurve TV video output normally set to? (You can view that by pressing the Shaw button on the remote, choosing the Settings cog, then Device Settings, then Video Display).

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I can watch other HD videos and streams with no issue. It...

AndrewJW
Grasshopper

I can watch other HD videos and streams with no issue. It seems to be just this one stream, yet I am able to stream it on my phone and computer with no issue. My output is 16:9 2160p60 4K UHD. I have a TLC 4k TV. The stream used to work without issue until one day it stopped. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

that is certainly odd. What happens when you bump down th...

shaw-tony

@AndrewJW that is certainly odd. What happens when you bump down the output settings to 1080p? Does it still pixelate like that?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I tried that and even lowered it to 720p (same as the str...

AndrewJW
Grasshopper

I tried that and even lowered it to 720p (same as the stream) and it continued to do the same glitch 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

thank you for trying that. The signal to your equipment l...

shaw-tony

@AndrewJW thank you for trying that. The signal to your equipment looks solid with no errors to report. Can you try and swap a new HDMI cable in or change the HDMI input (plugging it into HDMI port 2 or 3 on your TV).

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I bought a new HDMI cable and tried it on all 3 of the di...

AndrewJW
Grasshopper

I bought a new HDMI cable and tried it on all 3 of the different TV HDMI plugs and it is still doing it. I can still view on 480p but the second I go to 720p it begins to glitch.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

it may be a potential fault on the HDMI output on the Blu...

shaw-tony

@AndrewJW it may be a potential fault on the HDMI output on the BlueCurve TV Box. Would you happen to have another TV/monitor available to test this on to see if the same symptoms occur? If it does, connect with us to schedule a service technician to swap the box and to ensure it doesn't happen again.

TALK TO US
We're here to help