Cancellation fee

gailacameron
Grasshopper

I have been a loyal Shaw customer for over 25 years, I have recently had to move as I am off work for Medical reasons leaving me with not a lot of Funds. I called to ask for the cancellation fee of 240 to be reduced and the fellow said I signed the contract so have to pay that.  I am requesting to PLEASE have this reduced for financial reasons at this time.  I am living currently also with a Shaw customer ,  You would think when a loyal customer is in a hardship situation you could bend on this fee.  I

Please advise

Thankyou

Gail Cameron

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hi  , so sorry but this is only a peer to peer discussion...

g-idk
Master

Hi @gailacameron , so sorry but this is only a peer to peer discussion forum for general users to try and help each other with tech problems, it's not actually a forum to reach out to Shaw for help.  All these big companies are sticklers for "Hey you signed on the dotted line, not our problem you didn't read or understand the fine print."  Oh by the way, don't ever post your personal info like you have done above on an open forum like this for everyone to now know.  Hopefully a moderator eventually catches this for you and can blank out all your personal info. such as name, account number, address.  Here's wishing good luck to you, Maybe try calling them again.  

0 Kudos

-- if the cancellation fee is $240, that is 12 months at...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gailacameron -- if the cancellation fee is $240, that is 12 months at $20/month, because you have signed-up to 2 services from Shaw (phone? Internet? TV?). and have 12 months remaining on your contract.

Since 2020, TELUS has contacted me, several times, to offer "Telus credit", namely $20/month, for each of the remaining months on my two-year Value Plan, if I switch everything from Shaw to Telus.  So, in your case, you could get $240 in "credit" against your future TELUS bills.

Also, as a "new" customer of TELUS, you will get "promotional" prices for the first 12 (or 24?) months.

Contact TELUS, to get that "credit". You may consider not subscribing to all the TELUS services (TV, Internet, land-line, mobile), to see if just transferring one service will still qualify you for the full "credit".

OR, contact Shaw, and "move" your Shaw services to your new location. That will negate the $240 "cancellation" fee, since you are not cancelling.

I am living currently also with a Shaw customer

How many months are left on that person's contract? If it is only a few, then that person might cancel, and pay a smaller fee, if you also "move" your contract to that person's location.

0 Kudos

Ugh , how can I delete this ! I thought Shaw support was...

gailacameron
Grasshopper

Ugh , how can I delete this ! I thought Shaw support was for the account now on top of everything now I am worried 

0 Kudos

No worries. Your personal information has been removed fr...

shaw-daniel

@gailacameron No worries. Your personal information has been removed from the post above to protect your privacy.