If you are not receiving a dial tone on any of your Shaw home phones and are looking to troubleshoot, try these steps to address the issue:
- Check that the phone cable connection is correctly connected to the back of your Digital Phone Terminal (DPT) or BlueCurve Gateway.
- Check that your DPT or Gateway is connected to power.
- DPT: The first light, if lit, will indicate it is powered on.
- BlueCurve Gateway: The only light on top of the Gateway will be lit, if powered on.
- Check to see if your DPT or Gateway is online.
- DPT: Look at the front of your DPT and confirm that the power light is lit and that the DS, US, and Online lights are solid.
- BlueCurve Gateway: The light on top of the Gateway should be solid white.
- If these lights are flashing (off and on).
- DPT: Reset the DPT using the pinhole RESET button located on the back next to the coax cable.
- BlueCurve Gateway: If the lights are flashing amber/green, allow 5-10 minutes for a solid white light to return.
- If the issue isn't resolved, contact us for further troubleshooting.
Find additional details by visiting How to fix no dial tone on all home phones