XB7 phone connection Q&A

kidknicky
Grasshopper

Just recently updated our Gateway to the XB7. My question now is can we or should we transfer our Shaw landline from the TM602 to the XB7? Do we still need both devices plugged in and separate for these services?

Cannot believe there is no faq on this. Obviously, if I can remove one piece of hardware, that would be a preferred choice for several reasons.

Regards, 

HBelland

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hi  , just a personal opinion here, because of what happe...

g-idk
Master

Hi @kidknicky , just a personal opinion here, because of what happened to my senior neighbour.  She found out the hard way that if all your services are going thru the one and only modem box, you could end up with NO services at all should your modem break down, meaning NO home phone, internet, tv at all until modem is replaced. If she had kept the phone modem she at least would still have a phone to use.  So something do think about before you make a decision.  Just a heads up for you.  Good Luck.   

0 Kudos

I did a post about this. There is some configuration on y...

rickatk
Master

I did a post about this. There is some configuration on your phone cable if required but the modem system side works well. 

1. make sure phone jack is active.

2. Plug n play your phone jack.

0 Kudos

Good point, as the TM602 is on battery back up as well. T...

kidknicky
Grasshopper

Good point, as the TM602 is on battery back up as well.

The good thing is, we have cell phones. So I just have to weight the pro's and con's...

At this point, it's more of a curiosity.

0 Kudos

rickatk link?

kidknicky
Grasshopper

rickatk

link?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help