Bluecurve unable to go on some website

Samuel4
Grasshopper

I'm have issue with my internet since I've upgraded to Bluecurve 300. It would not go to some specific website such as Mount Royal University. I've never had that problem before with shaw internet.

I've contacted shaw technical support several times but no one  was able to help. 

Have anybody ever experienced the same?

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Do you have safe web browsing turn on in the BlueCurve App?

matt
Grasshopper

Do you have safe web browsing turn on in the BlueCurve App?

Similar problem, me with the CRA client website login.  A...

StevieGee
Grasshopper

Similar problem, me with the CRA client website login.  A series of error messages, mostly saying "unable to establish a secure connection".  No problem if I connect through my phone's hotspot, so the Blue Curve modem/router seems to be the main culprit.

0 Kudos

> A series of error messages, mostly saying "unable to es...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> A series of error messages, mostly saying "unable to establish a secure connection".  

What web-browser are you using on your computer?

Microsoft Edge? Google Chrome? Internet Explorer (still available in Windows 10)? Safari? Firefox? Internet Explorer Beta?

What web-browser are you using on your phone? How old is your phone? Apple does not support their latest operating system on older iPhones, i.e., no support for the newest "secure-HTTP" protocols.

Different web-browsers support different protocols for the "hand-shaking" in order to successfully make a secure-HTTP connection. You should not blame the BlueCurve -- it is passing all the IP-packets from your computer to the remote web-server, and allowing the "return" packets.

Some of those "protocols" have been found to not be totally secure, i.e., "hackable".  I would expect that the CRA's web-server would only support the "latest-and-greatest" protocol, not any of those older protocols, which requires that your web-browser be fully compatible with the "newest" protocol.

The problem occurred when I got a different modem. Previo...

Artur
Grasshopper

The problem occurred when I got a different modem. Previous xb6 stopped working after hard reset, the new one works but suddenly the websites I often access are now blocked due to safari being unable to establish secure connection. 

0 Kudos

Give us some examples of the websites that you can’t acce...

rstra
Grand Master

@Artur 

Give us some examples of the websites that you can’t access. Are you able to access the sites using other browsers?

0 Kudos

webmail.shaw.ca, support.shaw.ca, nationalpost.com, exped...

Artur
Grasshopper

webmail.shaw.ca, support.shaw.ca, nationalpost.com, expedia.ca. Somehow the problem went away after about 30 minutes without me making any changes to the laptop. iPhone worked from the start.

0 Kudos

-- iPhone worked from the start Was your device using "da...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Artur -- iPhone worked from the start

Was your device using "data" over your cellular service, or was it connected to the WiFi network provided by your Shaw cable-modem?  Those are two completely different networks. 

Compare to getting from an airport to your home:

• connect to a "ride-share" provider
  • hire a taxi
  • take the "Airporter Express" bus
  • take BC Transit
  • get a friend to pick you up
  • in Stockholm, ride the express rail-service. The train to/from Stockholm is fast -- my most-recent trip topped-out at 183 (!) Km/hour.

So, lots of different "paths" from "point A" to "point B", just like your iPhone & computer use different paths.

0 Kudos

The iPhone was connected to Shaw wifi. Same as the laptop.

Artur
Grasshopper

The iPhone was connected to Shaw wifi. Same as the laptop.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help