Crazy Slow Internet Speeds

Lyndsey1
Grasshopper

Hello everyone, I just wanted to check in and see if anyone else was having similar problems to me. We recently had a technician come by to help diagnose a problem with our slow speeds. He couldn't find any tell-tale signs of what would be causing it to be so slow but we upgraded to the newest modem shaw offers and it solved the problem for about 40 minutes. All was well until he left and about an hour later the speeds dropped all the way down again. Currently, we have the 750 Fibre package through shaw. After spending several hours talking with support agents all telling me different "Solutions" none have solved the problem.

We've split the networks into two separate ones, one for 2.4 and one for 5G and they changed the channel width and all that, that has not worked, factory restored the modem, nothing. I Unplugged it all and replugged it in and still nothing. One agent mentioned it takes 48 hours for the modem to be fully set up to reach advertised speeds which I find doubtful as when it was first installed we were getting 700 downloads right off the bat, which of course later dropped.

Does anyone have any possible solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

-- what does the Shaw Speed Test show after you connect y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lyndsey1 -- what does the Shaw Speed Test show after you connect your computer to your cable-modem via an Ethernet cable?

Is it much faster than when using either of the 2.4 or 5 Ghz wireless connections?  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help