How do I fix internet interruptions?

Brad4d
Grasshopper

I am having many internet interruptions DAILY! I have tested all connections and reset the modem twice. I have not exceeded the allowable gigabytes for my plan.

HOW can you fix this problem?

There are several new buildings in my area (600 south island highway) and there might be some interference or interruptions as they work with the installations.?

Please get this fixed asap. I am tired of the 'net stopping in the middle of a game! Not to mention when I'm looking for shopping flyers etc...

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Yup, experiencing this issue as well and posted about it...

jericryannn
Grasshopper

Yup, experiencing this issue as well and posted about it a day ago or so. No one replied and came to help from Shaw 

0 Kudos

Seems like Shaw doesn't have very good customer relations...

Brad4d
Grasshopper

Seems like Shaw doesn't have very good customer relations! Incidentally... since I posted this note, my internet hasn't experienced any outages... ahem! I did change two of my ethernet plugs around on the modem - just switched two of them. (I have 3 comps on ethernet).

I've had this happening since about a month ago - when they've been installing a new apartment building nearby. Many times a day it cut out.

Maybe try resetting your modem - there are instructions on the website. I've done that several times... they say not to do it more than once. Those times I did, it didn't solve the problem. Troubleshooting in Windows won't do anything because the problem is with Shaw.

0 Kudos

-- I've had this happening since about a month ago - when...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Brad4d -- I've had this happening since about a month ago - when they've been installing a new apartment building nearby. Many times a day it cuts out.

Outside that new building, were there any Shaw-branded trucks, or even non-branded trucks (independent contractors) doing anything with the Shaw infrastructure (some of which may be underground, and some might feed into a large (4*4*4) "services" box near the front of the property?

If you call Shaw, will they tell you if there is service-work going-on at that building?

Also, since it is "repeatable", call Shaw to schedule a service technician to do a site-visit.

Are you also in an apartment block? Do your neighbors also have issues with their Shaw services?

0 Kudos

-- posted about it a day ago or so. No one replied and ca...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jericryannn -- posted about it a day ago or so. No one replied and came to help from Shaw 

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers donate their time to try to help you. It is not a direct path to Shaw Support.

If you have a problem with the Shaw router, contact Shaw: 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat

to schedule a service-call to your home. 

If you have a problem with ASUS router(s) being "intermittent", try a router from a different company (Cisco? Belkin?)

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help