Intermittent Internet Signal Drops

timohlhauser
Grasshopper

I have an issue with my internet signal dropping for no apparent reason.

This has been happening for at least a year now and I have contacted support, gone through all of the troubleshooting protocols, and had a tech come to my house. Nothing has fixed the problem. It's not the WIFI or the routers because when the signal drops I lose all connections on all devices, WIFI and wired. This leads me to believe that the interruption is coming from outside of the house. The signal drops at least once a day right now. It has varied from several times a day to once every 2-3 days. The interruption lasts for about 5-10 seconds before returning. It's very inconvenient and annoying and Shaw doesn't seem interested in fixing it.

I live in NW Calgary and I'm wondering if anyone else in the area is having the same issue. 

Labels (2)
2 Replies

-- had a tech come to my house Did the technician work on...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@timohlhauser -- had a tech come to my house

Did the technician work only near Shaw's "demarcation box" -- that box on the outside of your house, where one coaxial-cable runs to the nearest telephone-pole, or did the technician come with the large truck with the "cherry-picker" to go up the telephone-pole, to check the signal at the pole?

0 Kudos

Here in Calgary all of the lines are underground, but the...

timohlhauser
Grasshopper

Here in Calgary all of the lines are underground, but the tech was looking at the big green box in the alley. Then he came in the house and replaced a small section of co-ax inside the house. I don't know if he did anything to the box on the outside of the house.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help