Internet loses connection for few minutes then works again, on repeat all day

smm00
Grasshopper

(NEW INTERNET CUSTOMER) (Edmonton/Ellerslie)

Just got the Ignite 1G and I keep losing connection randomly for a few minutes then it comes back and repeats and it's been doing it all day. I'll be surfing and streaming but then get disconnected for 5 min or so. It's been happening all day now, and it's getting extremely annoying for me and my family. 

I don't even know whats going on, no maintenance notification or anything and it's honestly been getting worse.

Considering to go back to previous provider if I cannot find a solution or get an answer regarding this issue.

3 Replies

Could be a bad signal, contact Rogers to troubleshoot.

rstra
Grand Master

@smm00 Could be a bad signal, contact Rogers to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos

-- when you do get connected to an Agent, ask them to rem...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@smm00 -- when you do get connected to an Agent, ask them to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the "signal-strength" reaching it. Maybe, the Agent will offer to ship you a replacement modem, or will schedule a site-visit from a technician, to see if there is any issue between the nearest telephone-pole and their Demarcation Box in your home (sometimes inside your garage). 

Are you living in a MURB (Multiple Unit Residential Building) with other Shaw/Rogers customers, or in a single-family home? If the former, do any of your co-tenants have similar symptoms?

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response - managed to get in touch with a...

smm00
Grasshopper

Thanks for your response - managed to get in touch with an agent and mentioned the above. They can't seem to find any issues on their end. We attempted all troubleshooting methods. Tech will be in tomorrow to have a look at the situation. Will update after.

As for your question, I am living in a single-family home.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help