Internet Outage

Laurpez
Grasshopper

This is the 5th time this month Pineridge has had a minimum 6 hour outage.  Are you going to adjust our bill to reflect all the down time?  I have now maxed out my cell data!  Please quit putting a bandaid on the issue and fix it.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Agreed. This is getting ridiculous. It's down again!

Cbay68
Grasshopper

Agreed. This is getting ridiculous. It's down again!

&  -- do the math: 24 hours per day 30 days per month 2...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Laurpez & @Cbay68 -- do the math:

• 24 hours per day
  • 30 days per month
  • 2 times 6 hours of outage
  • $100 per month for Fibre+ 300

So, 12/(30*24) is 1.66 % of the month. 

The adjustment of your bill would be $1.66 for the alleged down-time. 

How much of your personal time are you going to "spend" to interact with Shaw (telephone, online chat, Twitter) to get the adjustment?

If you get paid $30/hour, that is $0.50 per minute. So, "spending" 4 minutes of your time "costs" you $2.00, to try to get $1.66 for your loss of "uptime".

Note that Shaw schedules outages from 23:59 (Mountain) to 06:00.  Is some of your down-time during that window?

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue in Southern Sask. The internet...

elevatecoaching
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue in Southern Sask. The internet goes out without warning and no mention in outages. I moved from BC to Sask and I came with my nice new router, they came to my house and hooked it up but replaced it with this super old crappy looking thing. The internet doesn't work half the time and it's getting super annoying. On top of that, I have spent hours trying to use the support chat and always leave feeling frustrated because as far as they can see- there is no issue. There is an issue. My internets always down. Fix this already please. I don't pay an arm and a leg for nothing. 

0 Kudos

i you et sasktel fiber , you can cheaper deal and no more...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

i you et sasktel fiber , you can cheaper deal and no more problems since i switched to sasktel

0 Kudos

-- replaced it with this super old crappy looking thing W...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@elevatecoaching -- replaced it with this super old crappy looking thing

Which cable-modem do you have? The HITRON (maxes-out at 300 Mbps for downloads), the XB6 (two Ethernet ports), or the XB7 (four Ethernet ports) ?

Have any of the Shaw Agents remotely connected to your cable-modem, to view the "signal-strength" reaching your cable-modem? Poor signal-strength is a possible issue.

Do you have any 1-to-2 or 1-to-3 coaxial "splitter" between your wall-port and your devices (Shaw Phone, Shaw cable-modem, Shaw PVR) ?

Can you experiment, by connecting the cable-modem directly to the wall-port, thus bypassing that splitter? Does that make any difference?

Did Shaw install new coaxial-cables inside your home, namely between their "demarcation box" on the outside of your home to the various wall-ports that they installed?

If you have multiple wall-ports, connect the cable-modem to a different wall-port, to see if that makes a difference.

Note that most 1-to-3 splitters have labels: 1:3.5 db, 2:3.5 db, 3:7 db. Connect the Shaw Home Phone unit to the "7 db" socket, because that box works OK with the "weaker" signal.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help