Packet loss issues in the last two weeks

Emptygraves
Grasshopper

Located in Campbell River on Vancouver Island. Have had zero issues and been really happy with the service until the last couple weeks, now have ongoing issues gaming with packet loss. I'm no network wizard, but I have done everything to try and eliminate it being an issue on my end. Worked beautifully 2 days ago, thought it fixed itself, but then started acting up again. Tech support has been zero help of course. I ran ping plotter, getting 52 percent packet loss at 2001:4e8:0:8340::47 and 60-70 percent at 2001:4e8:0:8002::2 which is listed as rc5wt-be40.wa.shawcable.net . Any ideas on how or who I should contact? Should I even expect any help or answers? Internet is primarily for FPS  gaming, and it is not a pleasant experience right now....

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

-- Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Emptygraves -- Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

you cited a few "IPv6" addresses.  Can you get PingPlotter to use "IPv4" addresses?

Also, can you do a "screen-capture" of the output from PingPlotter, and attach that image to your reply to this thread?

Without details, it's difficult to give good advice.  

P.S. "...wa.shawcable.net" is a major Shaw router, in the Vancouver area. I have no explanation why Shaw did not use "...vc.shawcable.net" in the name.

What IP-address (of the Gaming Server?) are you giving to PingPlotter to do its trace?

>> Worked beautifully 2 days ago, thought it fixed itself, but then started acting up again. 

Sounds like the current weather on Vancouver Island -- it changes, from day-to-day.

It's possible that the Internet has some day-to-day "variability" in its service, and that is what you have noticed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help