port forwarding

henriqueca
Grasshopper

I've been trying to forward some ports for a VPN and some web apps testing but haven't been able to get it properly working, my servers are running on raspberry pi and are setup with IPv4 static addresses, i did the set up as instructed by the official shaw website and it seemed to accept it (it recognizes my devices and their respective IP addresses) but still can't access the ports from the outside, they are still closed. any help? I've seen other posts with the same problem but I've tried most of the solutions provided and nothing seems to work

0 Kudos
2 Replies

-- while logged-in to your app-server, can you connect to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@henriqueca -- while logged-in to your app-server, can you connect to any Internet web-server, e.g., www.shaw.ca ?

Are you using the Hitron cable-modem or the BlueCurve cable-modem?

If your modem is NOT "bridged", do your servers have "private" IP-addresses, e.g., "192.168.0.xxx" (Hitron) or "10.0.0.yyy" (BlueCurve) ?

If your modem is "bridged", power-off the modem, wait a minute, and power-on the modem, and let it completely restart. Then, on your servers, check that the "public" IP-addresses (assigned by Shaw's DHCP-server) are correct, and the DHCP "lease" values reflect that your server has "refreshed" its IP-address. Example:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.32(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : May 22, 2022 6:18:07 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : May 23, 2022 5:38:05 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

for my computer on my "private" network.

0 Kudos

currently having the exact same issue please let me know...

Joeviana00
Grasshopper

currently having the exact same issue please let me know if you find a fix.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help