Shaw Blue Curve Router not port forwarding anymore!

adamop
Grasshopper

Hello,

I've been able to port forward with ease on my blue curve router before, but after the blue curve home update it seems to not be working anymore. I've triple checked that I have entered all my settings correctly, but it is not connecting outside. I used an online port checker and it said the port was closed even though something on said port was trying to run.

I decided to plug an old router in, and the old router had been working fine previously with the blue curve router in the past, even when it wasn't in bridge mode. I thought maybe I'd just connect the router and port forward on there, but there's no internet running from the blue curve router to my other one (TP link). I am extremely frustrated. After having to switch to blue curve home from the normal router page i'm used to and to have it not work, I am at my wits end. A suggestion for shaw: please allow us to change our router settings from the router page, and not have us redirect to shaw blue curve home. I may have missed something, but it forces you to go there and I do not like it one bit, i prefer doing it from the router settings directly.

Any help on the matter would be much appreciated!

Labels (1)
9 Replies

I am in the same situation.  Port forwarding was working...

mjhammel
Grasshopper

I am in the same situation.  Port forwarding was working just fine with the Blue Curve modem, then it just stopped working.  I logged into the modem to see what was what, and it was set up.  I tried deleting it with the intent to recreate it.   The delete went okay, but when trying to create it, the modem sent me to myshaw.ca.  Every time I try to set it up there, it returns with an error, telling me to try again later.  I took it up with Shaw Support, but I was told that port forwarding was not part of 'normal internet' (or some such phrase), and they do not support it, and would not entertain any other queries regarding it.

Not a good way to try to keep a customer.

Port Forwarding is only available through the BlueCurve H...

shaw-ada

@adamop @mjhammel Port Forwarding is only available through the BlueCurve Home app for setup and managing. This may help you how to configure. 

0 Kudos

Same thing.  'We're Having Some Trouble  Please try again...

mjhammel
Grasshopper

Same thing.  'We're Having Some Trouble  Please try again.  If the problem persists, check back later.'

0 Kudos

-- We're Having Some Trouble  Please try again.  If the p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mjhammel -- We're Having Some Trouble  Please try again.  If the problem persists, check back later.

I have seen this message in other threads within this discussion forum.

Have you used this forum's "search" function to find those words in those other threads, and then viewed those threads?

0 Kudos

The issue is not with the process of port forwarding itse...

adamop
Grasshopper

The issue is not with the process of port forwarding itself. The problem is my ports WILL NOT open up to the outside. Something is blocking it.

0 Kudos

--  The problem is my ports WILL NOT open up to the outsi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@adamop --  The problem is my ports WILL NOT open up to the outside. Something is blocking it.

If you assume that the port-forwarded traffic is reaching your computer, what's active on your computer:

1. Windows firewall blocking all "unsolicited incoming TCP/IP traffic" ?

2. Some "Internet Security" bundle (anti-virus & firewall & filtering) that supersedes the Windows Firewall, but is blocking?

Can you look at the log-files from either firewall software, to see if it recording the "blocked" traffic?

0 Kudos

super lame.  same for me.  i've checked everything.  loca...

gerg314
Grasshopper

super lame.  same for me.  i've checked everything.  local router.  (i'm bridged with a netgear router for vpn).  it was working recently.  reply is a joke.  like anyone with such a question couldn't navigate bluecurves adv. settings page.

0 Kudos

Same here

sduckett
Grasshopper
New modem, port forwarding was working on the last one, spent the past day jumping through hoops just to get to the advanced settings page only for the portforwarding to forward to the wrong ip without any settings to change it. Why is this interface so opposed to allowing people to manage their network?
0 Kudos

-- New modem.  ... without any settings to change it. If...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sduckett -- New modem.  ... without any settings to change it.

If all else fails, the "brute-force" approach is doing a "factory reset" of the modem, and then starting again.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help