Unable to communicate with Login Server Message.

sharen
Grasshopper

This has been going on for well over a year.  I honestly don't know why I've put up with it as it only happens with Shaw Webmail  - no other site.  It also only happens on my Acer laptop, not on my Google Pixel phone or my desktop computer, so I've been told the problem is with my computer.  

I have performed all of the suggested "fixes". 

• I can't count the number of times I've cleared the cache, and often have to clear everything including cookies,  which means re-entering passwords on  websites.  
  • I could login most of the time on Incognito.  Half the time I have to  keep clicking on "Sign In" until it does.  This is a total pain, having to switch back and forth.  I could open everything in Incognito but that involves entering passwords . . . . very annoying.
  • I can tell you the complete procedure for getting a quick reply from "Chat", including bypassing all the AI stuff at the beginning by entering "Agent" right away.  I've been on "chat" at least once a month - it usually turns out that my account is "locked".  I have no idea why and they never explain why.  They unlock it and everything works.  
  • I've changed my password many, many times but that never helps so I've stopped doing it.  

Today, I can't login on, even Incognito.  Went to Chat and my account was unlocked.  Changed my password.  yada yada yada.   I still can't log on.  Nothing works so I've just accepted that i can't access my Shaw Webmail on my laptop.  Sad situation and totally unacceptable but SHAW doesn't seem to care.    I thought when Rogers took over things might change since their ads said they were spending $2 billion on upgrades.  Time to switch.  

Labels (1)
6 Replies

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sharen -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help. 

This forum is not a direct path to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222).

If you search within this forum, you'll find several threads about the "unable to communicate with server" message.

For me, getting that error-message is much less frequent than it used to be. Shaw must have at least partially addressed the issue.

It is curious that only one of your devices has the issue. 

A drastic trouble-shooting step would be to remove the device's disk-drive, connect a "spare", and reinstall Windows, just to see if a "fresh" install still shows the issue.

Do you have any "password-manager" on your Acer? Any "Internet Security Suite" that might be getting in the way? Any "saved" passwords within your web-browser?

Getting "locked" might be an indication of too many attempts to sign-on with a previous password.

0 Kudos

This happens to me every time I cross the border into US....

McKinley
Grasshopper

This happens to me every time I cross the border into US.  Of everything I've read and been suggested - nothing works. I can't go through this - I'll switch to hotmail.

0 Kudos

-- do you get the error-message on your first attempt to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@McKinley -- do you get the error-message on your first attempt to logon to Shaw WebMail?

If you do, is a second "click" on the "Sign In" button successful?

0 Kudos

Same problem very irritating

rubberbear
Grasshopper

Same problem very irritating 

0 Kudos

It seems to get worse on the weekend, had no problem earl...

ldgazzola
Grasshopper

It seems to get worse on the weekend, had no problem earlier in the week but no luck this morning.

0 Kudos

-- It seems to get worse on the weekend ... One can specu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ldgazzola -- It seems to get worse on the weekend ...

One can speculate that Shaw customers who work Monday-to-Friday logon to Shaw WebMail less frequently during their "working hours", and more frequently in the evenings & weekends, causing "load" issues on the "Authentication Server".

For me, a second click on "Sign In" -- even when this text is grayed-out -- works. YMMV

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help