XB8 Wifi radios always on

XYZ987
Grasshopper

I verified with a HF Analyzer that XB8's radio emitter(s) are always on, even when WIFI is disabled, even in bridge mode.

How's that?

Could you from remote management or could I locally turn off the radios?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

I have the same problem with the Blue Curve XB7. Also ver...

Namo1
Grasshopper

I have the same problem with the Blue Curve XB7. Also verified by my meter. After much song and dance I'm now told that it's WIFI that can't be turned off, even though I'm using a bridged modem and have marked no to being a hot spot. To avoid WIFI.

According to the last guy I talked to this function is allegedly for people who have tv boxes?

WTF? I have a tv box.  I use the ethernet connection because wire makes for a superior connection and I upgraded to the the 750 pkg  to get less buffering.  Now I'm being driven out of my office by this crap. How's that for irony? 

0 Kudos

-- According to the last guy I talked to this function is...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Namo1 -- According to the last guy I talked to this function is allegedly for people who have tv boxes?

True, for the XB7 to communicate, over WiFi, to any Shaw TV boxes in other rooms inside your home.

I upgraded to the the 750 pkg  to get less buffering.  

From what speed did you upgrade? I think that any Shaw download speed at 100 Mbps, or more, should eliminate all "buffering".  But, what web-site(s) are you streaming?  Some of them are saturated, causing all their customers to experience buffering from that site.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help