Frequently asked questions
Find answers to common questions about Shaw Stream below.
Do I need a Shaw TV package subscription to use Shaw Stream?
- No. Shaw Stream includes various streaming apps to provide a diverse library of content.
- A traditional TV package subscription is not available with Shaw Stream.
- A Shaw Internet package is required to use Shaw Stream.
Can I watch live TV on Shaw Stream?
- No, regular live TV channels are not available on Shaw Stream. However, many of the included streaming apps may have similar content for you to watch.
How is Shaw Stream different from BlueCurve TV?
How do I know if my Internet package is eligible to add Shaw Stream?
- Shaw Internet with a Fibre+ Gateway is required to use Shaw Stream.
- To stream 4K content from providers like Netflix, a minimum Internet speed of 25Mbps is recommended.
- Note: Our Hitron modem is not compatible with Shaw Stream. If you have a Hitron modem, please contact us about upgrading your plan to get a Fibre+ Gateway.